Page banner image

Robbie's Graduation

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Robert on July 22, 2023 at 05:02:54

Hi everyone.

So I haven't written for a while for a few reasons. First, Robbie just recently had his high school graduation, and turns 18 this weekend. Second, Sam got injured in a bike crash, so he's been in hospital. Luckily, he's not seriously injured, but he was in hospital for about 8 days and then when he came home he was still in a lot of pain. Both wrists broken, and a fracture of his fibula in his left leg, not to mention a few ribs, and bruises/scrapes everywhere... They thought he had some other internal damage too, but luckily not (that's the main reason he was in hospital for more than a week). He's got a walking boot now and can get around, and got one arm cast off yesterday with the other one coming off this Friday, but he still has to be quite careful... He hasn't gotten wet since the accident! In case you're wondering, yes, he was wet when on his bike - he had just been in the pool and went out for a bike ride. Was wearing his helmet.

When Lisa and I were at the hospital, one of the nurses stopped us and was profusely apologizing that they must have spilled a bunch of water on his clothes and shoes, "because they're completely soaked". We just laughed and told her that he wears his clothes wet in the summer to stay cool. I think she was relieved.

Anyway, the reason I'm writing is because of Robbie's high school grad. It was a wet one. He did plan it like that, but it didn't go at all to plan as they had a very serious glitch along the way...

The day of the graduation ceremony was actually several weeks back, two days before Sam's accident. As I said, there was some funny wet stuff planned, and some funny non-wet stuff planned. He and a bunch of friends (mainly the ones that went to the pool party, plus another I'll call Joey) decided first to all go to graduation wearing pristine, white, sleeveless dress shirts, black ties, and black suit pants. They originally wore the suit jackets too, but planned on taking them off on-purpose later on "to show off". They all had to put on the gowns and such, so they left their suit jackets on for that, and ended up taking them off for the reception that followed graduation. There were 8 of them that went like that, and boy did they look silly and sharp at the same time. 8 teenage boys wearing sleeveless dress shirts and black ties at high school grad reception, ha ha. The only comments to them about it were mostly from teachers. Things like, "too hot for you in here?" and other subtle complaints such as "showing off a bit, are we?". Ha ha. They were showing off, really, because many times they would purposely put their arms behind their heads and such to show off their underarms, knowing full well how it looked.

We had some other family members at the graduation too - my parents were here, and Lisa's Mom was here. My sister Anna was here as well, and Lisa's brother.

After the reception, the 8 of them went over to Joey's (this is why I mentioned him). Joey lives in town (rather than like where we are on the edge of town in the rural part) in a nice house with a nice in-ground pool. In fact, relevant to this story is that pretty much everyone in that part of town has a pool, and they are all open now. Of course, they planned on getting wet, in some ways with permission, and in some ways, without (I only found out about this part after the fact... and wasn't too happy about it, but heck, Robbie's a teenager and almost 18, so I didn't do anything about it).

For all of us (including me) to keep the fake names straight, here are the people that are featured. Ages at time of event (1 has since had their 18th birthday (Cody's was a few days after this event), and Robbie's is this weekend).

-Robbie*, age 17
-Joey, age 17
-Cody*, age 17
-Lester*, age 17
-Jas*, age 17
-Zach*, age 18
-Amir*, age 18
-Alex, age 17

The ones with the asterisk were at the pool party.

When they got to Joey's they messed around for a bit downstairs playing games and such. Apparently they did take off their ties and unbuttoned the top button of their shirts and untucked them, but otherwise kept on their suits. After a while, they went upstairs to get some food.

"Hey, maybe we should go in the pool," said Robbie. "It's too nice of a day outside for us to be in here, but it's too hot out to do anything else."

"Uh, I didn't bring my bathing suit," said Alex.

"So what?" said Robbie. "Clothes will dry."

"Not mine. This suit is dry-clean only," said Alex.

"I've got some clothes you can wear," said Joey.

"No thanks, I'm not going to go in the pool anyway," said Alex.

"Alright, you'll miss a good time. But just tell me if you want something to change into," said Joey.

"Ha ha, mine's dry-clean only too. But you only live once, and I probably won't be able to wear it again anyway," said Lester.

"Same," said Cody. "We teenagers grow to quickly."

Robbie went back downstairs where he left his tie and started to put it back on, and tucked his shirt back in. When Robbie got upstairs, the others saw him and decided to do the same. But Alex was gone. "Where's Alex?" asked Robbie.

"He's in my room to get some clothes. I told him I have an old suit in there that doesn't fit me anymore, but it will probably fit him, and that I don't care if it's dry clean only. Think we convinced him to wear his shoes too," said Joey.

"You're really itching to do this, aren't, you?" said Robbie.

"Well, I've kinda done it before. Not like you, mine was more of a "what the hell" kind of moment. But never in a suit and never with shoes. Will be interesting to see how it feels," said Joey.

"It feels very squelchy," said Lester, giggling.

"Yeah, water will come out of the holes in your shoes when you walk around," said Zach.

The rest of the boys went and got re-dressed and started to head outside.

"Suit jackets on, or off," asked Amir, who was carrying it over his arm.

"Maybe we should do off for now, then get out and put them back on. Would look funny with wet pants, a wet shirt, and a dry jacket," said Lester.

"Alright," said Amir, who threw his jacket over the railing.

"How do I look?" asked Alex, who emerged from Joey's room.

"Wow, awesome!" said Robbie.

"I left my own shirt on, since I'll never wear this sleeveless shirt again, but I put on Joey's pants, jacket and tie," said Alex.

"We're gonna go in with our jackets off first, then get out and put the jackets on after. Will be funny to see the wet shirts and pants and dry jacket, all at the same time," said Robbie.

"Great!" said Alex, who took off the suit jacket.

The suit he ended up putting on was a nice navy blue suit. Just barely fit him, so definitely wouldn't have fit Joey who's about 4 inches taller.

"Wait, let's film it for YouTube!" said Jas.

"Oh yeah, of course!" said Lester.

Jas did an introduction first, said who everyone was, then setup his phone camera on the edge of the pool deck area with a great view. "On 3. 1... 2... 3!" the boys all jumped in with a splash. Their white shirts went very transparent, not leaving anything to the imagination. All of them were quite fit, so none of them minded. Amir and Jas have darker skin, so it showed through even more for them.

"This feels f***ing awesome!" yelled Alex, as he came over to look straight into the camera while still in the pool. "You should all try this sometime. Everyone should try this, it's great. It's thrilling. I mean, it's so harmless yet so wrong!"

Cody was the first one to get out of the pool, and his all black Air Force Ones squelched incredibly as he walked towards the camera. "See my shoe fountain," said Cody as he lifted his heels to squelch the water out of the holes in the front. "Feels great, too. And my shirt's all see-through. You can see my hot abs!"

Eventually, all the boys were going in and out of the pool. Finally, Robbie spoke up. "Alright, here's what we're gonna do with our suit jackets. Let's get out, and without drying off put on the jackets. Then let's go and walk down the street all soaked. Jas, you can film us. Let's go right to town and get ice creams from the parlour. If you need money, I'll pay and you can all pay me back," said Robbie.

"Soaked like this?" asked Alex.

"Yeah, why not?" said Lester.

"Sounds like a sh*t tonne of fun!" said Amir.

"Shouldn't we soak the jackets first?" asked Joey.

"Oh, they'll get soaked anyway. Good thing they're black or you'd see the wet blotches soak right through," said Robbie.

"I'd like to fully soak my jacket first, then go out," said Joey.

"Ok, fine, I guess if anyone wants to, then go ahead. I'm just going to put it on dry and let the water soak into it," said Robbie.

Only Joey ended up putting his jacket on, jumping into the pool, and getting back out. The others went back in briefly for one last soak, and put their jackets on as they got out.

As they walked into town, they heard a siren in the distance. No one thought anything of it. Suddenly, the siren was coming closer. And closer. Until they could see the lights and the three police cars coming their way. "Hmm, something's up," said Joey.

"Yeah, three cars it looks like," said Zach.

Just a few seconds later, the cars had pulled in front of them and an officer got out.

"Hi there boys," said the first officer.

"Hi," said Robbie.

"What happened to all of you?" asked the officer.

"We got wet," said Cody, just as other officers got out of their cars to surround the boys.

"I see that. How'd you get wet?" he asked.

"In his pool," said Cody, pointing to Joey.

"In your suits?" asked the second officer.

"Yeah," said Robbie. "Just for fun."

"And you went in his pool," said the second officer, pointing to Joey.

"Yes," said Robbie.

"If I go and ask your parents, will they confirm that?" the second officer asked Joey.

Joey suddenly went white.

"Uh, no, uh, my parents aren't home," he said. "They, uh, didn't know we did this."

"Are you sure it was your pool?" asked the first officer.

"Uh, yeah!" said Joey. "It was definitely my house. I can go and show you that I have the key to get in," he continued, feeling in his pocket for his key, before suddenly panicking.

"Alright, go with Officer Jones," said the first officer, referring to the second officer. "The rest of you can stay right here."

"Why did you come for this? We've done nothing wrong," said Alex.

"Well you did if you went into someone else's pool. That's what the call that reported you said. That a group of 8 teenagers in suits and ties all went into a backyard pool in their full clothes, then got out and left," said the first officer.

"We went to Joey's house," said Alex, whose voice was trembling.

"Well, Joey can prove that to the officer," said the first officer.

After about 20 minutes, Officer Jones returned with Joey in the back of the police car.

"Bring'em all in," said Officer Jones. "He didn't have the key."

"What?" said Robbie. "Where's your key?"

"I don't know," said Joey. "It was in my pocket, but it must've fallen out."

All the boys got crammed into 3 police cars, still soaking wet, and taken to the police station. Robbie said it was incredibly embarrassing being soaked in front of people in the station and such, since everything ultimately thought they were guilty.

I ended up getting a call that Robbie was there and to come and pick him up, and that because he is a minor he wouldn't be charged. Zach and Amir were going to be charged for trespassing and something else (don't remember what), on property on which they were allowed to be on. Joey's parents showed up and give him sh*t, but did say it was his pool. Ultimately, Joey's parents didn't even know they were going to be inside the house, not to mention the pool, so when they saw on the Ring camera teenagers in the pool and the door alarm getting deactivated, they thought someone broke in. That's the main reason they apparently called the neighbours.

"You ruined your suits and everything," said Joey's Dad.

None of them replied at all, and kept their heads hung.

"So it is your house?" asked another officer to Joey's Mom.

"Yup, seems like it. I just checked the Ring camera and there they are, in the pool, in their suits," said Joey's Mom.

"Since when did we get a Ring camera?" asked Joey, sheepishly.

"Since a year ago. We didn't tell you because we wanted to use it to make sure you weren't goofing around. We were the ones that called the neighbours and told them to call the cops if they didn't see you there. They said they didn't, so they called," said Joey's Mom. "Not a good decision for any of you to make, especially right after graduation. It scared the neighbours because they didn't recoginze any of you, all soaked and wet like that."

"Well that's why we made the decision. Because it WAS after graduation. Won't need these suits anymore anyway," said Lester.

"It was still a pretty stupid decision," said Joey's Dad.

Ultimately, all the parents came, we all signed some paperwork, and they were all sent home without any charges.

I didn't speak to Robbie at all in the car on the way home. I didn't bother giving him a towel to sit on, I just made him sit in the back seat (which, because of his height, he hated). When we got home, I did tell him he should have only done that if he had permission.

"I thought we did have permission, Dad," said Robbie. "Sorry for this, but I really did think we had permission."

"Well, you didn't," I said. "That's obvious. Joey's parents didn't know," I said.

Robbie just kept silent. He was obviously bummed. I believe him that he thought they had permission. I will say, I know him well enough that I know he wouldn't have even gone to Joey's house if he thought Joey's parents wouldn't have agreed. And he wouldn't have suggested they go in the pool, either. Now, I don't think anyone would have known about the wet clothes, and that's the only kind of thing I know he'll hide from others on purpose. I know this moreso now, particularly after the time he got caught smoking with Derek a while back - he learned not to do stupid things without permission.

Robbie sat on the sofa and Sam sat beside him and put his arm around him. "Sorry, bro," he said.

"Sorry for what?" asked Robbie.

"Sorry for you getting in trouble," said Sam.

"It's not your fault," said Robbie.

"I know, but I'm still sorry," he said. "Wanna go outside and cool off?"

Robbie looked straight at Sam and smiled, knowing what he meant - to go in our kiddie pool.

"Sure!" said Robbie, who went and put his black and red Air Jordans on, along with the black shorts and blue t-shirt he already had on. Sam put on his burgundy Vans high tops, and also had on white shorts and a black sleeveless shirt. They both went outside and really messed around in the pool for at least an hour. They squelched around lots, went out to the front to shoot baskets, and went back into the pool. Awesome wet clothes fun.

When they were done, Robbie nonchalantly squelched into the house and over to the fridge.

"Uh, you're making a mess on the floor," said Lisa (my wife).

"Oh, uh, sorry," said Robbie.

"Go, go outside. What do you want, I'll bring it out to you?" said Lisa.

"Just some food," said Robbie. "For Sam too."

"What kind of food?" she asked.

"Junk food, of course," said Robbie, who was still dripping.

"Go. Please go," said Lisa, as she basically grabbed Robbie and started pushing him outside. He smiled back and initially started to fight her playfully, and got a bit of water on her, but they laughed it off and he got outside. I had gone to get the mop just as I saw Lisa start pushing Robbie out, so we cleaned up the mess as Lisa got them some sweet stuff that I took out to them.

I put it on the deck table, just as Robbie plunged back into the pool. Sam was way down the yard - he'd done a 100-metre dash "for fun" to see how much squelching his shoes would do while running really fast.

"Felt awesome," said Sam, through the huffing and puffing as he got back. "Thanks for the food."

"No problem, I said. Don't stay out here too late."

"Nah, we're almost done," said Robbie. "Jeez, I haven't done this properly in ages. Felt great for a while, then horrible when I thought we were in big trouble. Now it feels great again."

"How's Arowyn?" I asked, referring to her graduation party.

"Oh, she's great. Got straight A's too," said Robbie.

I already knew that, I was more referring to how was her "girls-only party", but I guess I needed to be more specific.

"Does she ever get wet with you?" I asked.

"Oh, no, we never get wet. Just kissing and hugging. You know, mushy stuff that teenagers do," said Robbie, very confidently.

"Yeah, I think I know what you mean," I said, smirking.

Sam squelched up the stairs and grabbed some food too.

"That shirt looks good wet on you," I said to Sam.

"Yeah, black always looks great!" he said.

"I haven't seen you wear sleeveless in a while," said Robbie. "Until recently. Something up with your girl?"

Sam suddenly looked very sheepish, and pulled the shirt away from his chest. "Nah, ha ha, just first thing I pulled out of my drawer this morning," said Sam.

Robbie hadn't gotten proper wet in a while because he really hadn't had a lot of time. But recently, he's gotten so much more mature in the past 6 months. One thing I noticed this time, and in another recent time that he got wet was that he did it very nonchalantly like it's normal. Just getting your shoes on, not taking your clothes off, going into the pool, coming inside for food streaming water everywhere... It just looked so normal. I wish I was able to enjoy this more in this way - not having anybody worry about me getting wet, not having to worry about what others think (I know you shouldn't and still don't need to do that, but I do/did). Heck, I could have asked Robbie to run off to the store to get something while he was in the pool and he would have gotten out, grabbed his wallet, squelched to the garage to get his bike, hopped on and gone. He wouldn't have cared one iota if he was at the grocery store wet. Now, he doesn't like to get wet around Arowyn, but she is absolutely aware of this - it's more just his choice.

I guess it's like when he and Lester went into the public splash park dressed as girls last year. Not a care in the world, just a boat load of confidence. Again, confidence tends to be something I don't have...

Thanks for reading. I don't know how many more of these I'll post. Maybe one more when Sam's feeling better and able to get wet again. It was literally 2 days after the above wet event where he had the crash (while wet), and he's basically done nothing but tell me about the clothes he wants to soak when he can. We got some new clothes for him recently, and he hasn't really worn them yet, wanting to soak them first. Ha ha, yup, that's a wackywetter!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]