Page banner image

Re: Robbie's Graduation

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MRN on July 23, 2023 at 22:02:35

In Reply to: Re: Robbie's Graduation posted by Squishy Plushie on July 23, 2023 at 21:26:56:

Bleh. I walked for around four and a half hours in the rain yesterday but it was as lonely as all the previous walks.

Today … I just drew more pylon (transmission tower) diagrams. I added “PL6” D2-cum-S2 (double circuit tower built as single circuit, somewhere in Scotland, and not where SSEN’s Lairg–Loch Buidhe brochure pretends they are), L3 ST (single circuit terminal) and “Scottish” (K1201 and/or PL16) ST. I also rebuilt the L3 D10 and D30 angle tower drawings and from there rebuilt Blaw Knox T2175 D10, and created the T2175 D30. (T2175 is a very rare type used way up in Scotland; basically an L3 derivative.)

(L3 = 1950s design, 275 kV only, apparently still being built even though the design is inadequate. The proper choice for 275 kV is L8(c) as then you can upgrade it to 400 kV later.)

Yes it would be nice to be having fun instead, but I am resigned to the realisation that a nerdy hobby like this is my only place in life. Fun and love are above my station in life. Even when I was Robbie’s age I was a complete nerd; it wasn’t that I didn’t get crazy over girls, but I would have had no idea what to do with any girl who wanted to be part of my life, and over two decades later, I still don’t.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]