Page banner image

swimiming clothed in a public pool

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by wetimer on July 27, 2023 at 23:43:35

I couldn’t believe my luck today!

I took my son for a swim in my local pool today. (An indoor pool in the UK). My son usually wears trunks and a swimshirt. I have never swum in an indoor pool with a top on previously. I had thought it looked too conspicuous when most men don’t wear them, and it’s not like there’s a sunburn risk indoors!

Anyway, today, I decided to keep my son company and pair a t-shirt with my swimshorts and lycra boxer-brief style underwear. He actually thought it was a bit odd that I was “just wearing an ordinary t-shirt”. I pointed out to him that it was actually a synthetic t-shirt made for sports.

There is an irony in the fact that one reason that guys seem to wear t-shirts is because they are self-conscious about their bodies. I have been working out a lot recently, and I’m really quite proud of the improvements I have made. I caught myself in a mirror at the poolside at one stage, and yes, I had to stop and admire how the thin grey fabric of my t-shirt was clinging to my muscles… Anyway, I digress.

There were a few other guys in t-shirts in the “play” pool too and one guy wearing three quarter length leggings, too. (The other pool in the complex, the one for serious swimmers doing lengths, didn’t have anyone wearing anything but conventional swimwear). Nearly as many as bare-chested ones. The tide is definitely turning and I would feel much less self-conscious about going in like that again.

However, what really caught my interest was this young, quite attractive looking mum, playing with her toddler in the shallows. (The pool floor was contoured like a beach, so at the shallow end, it was only a few cm deep). Initially, I thought she was wearing a black t-shirt and leggings, which is great but not all that unusual for a women in this particular pool. It was only a bit later, when she had gotten fully submerged in the deeper water, that I realised she was actually wearing jeans. That’s right - she had gone in to the public pool wearing what appeared to be her street clothes.

After spotting that, I really had difficulty keeping my excitement down, but I managed to exercise some self-control and kept it together.

The layout of this pool is such that the changing area, with lockers, showers and cubicles, is at the side of the pool, along with a bunch of plastic chairs for non-swimmers to lounge about in. After I had finished the swim, and gotten changed, I spotted this woman, still wearing her jeans and t-shirt, but only looking damp, rather than dripping, by this stage. I plucked up some courage, then said “hi”. I asked her what swimming in jeans is like. She explained that she had never planned to even go in the water today, but her child was being clingy and refusing to go in with the father, so it was the only way they were going to get the kid in. I guess it helped that it was a really warm day, so she wouldn’t have to suffer much when they went outside at the end.

I said “did the staff hear not mind?” and she responded that they could see what was going on.

I had to wait around for another 20 minutes or so, whilst my son finished his swim and got changed too, and throughout that whole time, this lady was just sitting in her wet clothes as if it was perfectly normal.

Whilst all this was happening, I noticed at least two other guys going in wearing ordinary cotton t-shirts.

So whilst this whole experience was great fun for me to watch, I guess I have learned to be a bit less self-conscious about swimming in public in clothes and I shall now have to build myself up to swimming in jeans in a public pool!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]