Page banner image

Baptism

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bishey on July 31, 2023 at 19:50:38

Hi, so I haven't ever posted here before, but I want to share a story about me that I'll call "Baptism." I call it that for a couple of reasons. For starters, this was pretty much my first experience really going swimming fully clothed and I was at an age where I was still learning what it really meant to enjoy this. Second, this story happened when I was in 7th grade and I went to a Catholic school which means we had religion class. We happened to be learning about Baptism around the time that this story happened. In my church, most people are baptized when they are babies, but we were studying other religions where people might be baptized when they're teenagers or adults, and watched a movie showing some kids and adults getting baptized in a river, fully clothed. I admit I was having some very un-Christian thoughts as I was watching that movie!

This story happened at the very end of the school year. We were still in school, but the weather was starting to be like summer. Coming up was the school's annual end of year picnic, and one of the traditions there was the 8th grade dunk tank, where a bunch of 8th graders would get dunked. I was just in 7th grade, so that was still a year off for me, but I remember being very eager for the next year to come.

So what happened was on a Saturday with only a week or so left in the school year. I was hanging out with my friend Kyle at his house, and our friends Alex and Chase were also there. My parents must have been out of town that weekend, because I was staying overnight at Kyle's house. We had a group project for school that we were finishing up, then we went down the basement to play video games. Usually our parents would have insisted that we be outside getting exercise during the day, but that day was really hot, humid and we were having thunderstorms off and on all day, so Kyle's parents let us stay inside. His parents also had somewhere to be that afternoon and evening, so we had the house to ourselves.

I have to admit that at this point in my life I was starting to dream up scenarios that would end we me getting soaked fully clothed, and I did think to myself that with all the adults out of the picture and leaving us alone for a few hours, maybe we could get into some trouble that might end with us getting soaked? It helped that Kyle had an in ground pool at his house, but his parents were super super strict that we weren't allowed in the pool without them being there to supervise. That day I was wearing a navy blue t-shirt, blue jeans, boxers and black socks. I honestly have no idea why I was wearing jeans instead of shorts that day, especially because it was so hot and humid outside. Not sure if I just ran out of clean shorts, or if maybe I knew somehow that I wanted to get soaked in my jeans. I'm honestly not sure. Anyway, Kyle was also wearing a blue shirt, tan cargo shorts and wasn't wearing socks. Alex was wearing a green t-shirt, gray shorts and was also barefoot since he wore sandals that day. Chase was wearing a red polo shirt with a blue and white stripe across the middle, cargo shorts and white socks. So we're downstairs in the basement where its nice and cool playing some video game and talking about stuff. One of the things we talked about what the upcoming picnic and the 8th grade dunk tank. At school we could vote on which 8th graders we wanted to go in the dunk tank, which was kind of silly because usually pretty much all of the 8th graders would go in the dunk tank, at least for a short turn. But anyway we talked about who we wanted to see get dunked, and I said how much fun it would be and I was looking forward to next year when we could get dunked. I hoped my friends would react more, but they just kind of nodded and agreed, then we just kind of started talking about other stuff.

My friend Alex was a good friend and a good dude and everything, but his personality could sometimes be a little tough to take. He could be cocky and just kind of obnoxious and would kind of get under people's skin sometimes. He was also the type that liked to "dish it out" but sometimes would get upset when someone put him in his place or teased him back - about half the time he'd just take it in stride, but half the time he'd end up pouting and getting mad at everyone. Meanwhile my friend Kyle was also a good dude but kind of had a short temper sometimes. And he was very competitive with video games. Well all that can be a recipe for some conflict, and it didn't take long for Alex to start getting on Kyle's nerves. I forget which game we were playing, but Alex kept doing something so that Kyle's character that he was controlling would fall in a lake or something in the game world. It was so dumb but it was driving Kyle completely crazy, and he yelled at Alex "if you do that again I'm gonna take you outside and push you in the pool for real!" Alex smirked and dared him to follow through on his threat. I was fully alert now, and couldn't believe my good fortune, that it seems like we (or, at least, Alex) was likely going to end up in the pool fully clothed. I was surprised though, since Kyle's parents were very strict that we weren't allowed in the pool unless they were there, and they even reminded us of this specifically before leaving us alone earlier that day. And I don't think we'd ever broken that rule before, so I wasn't sure Kyle would actually follow through with his threat. Maybe Alex thought the same thing, because a minute later he again pushed Kyle's video game character into the lake. Kyle snapped and stood up "OK, that's it! Let's go outside!"

We all trooped up the basement stairs and headed out through the kitchen door into the back yard. I pulled off my socks before going outside, just out of habit I guess, since in hindsight I really wish I'd left them on. Kyle and Alex marched over to the edge of the pool. Chase stopped to go find and put on his shoes before going outside so he was a minute behind us. Kyle grabbed Alex's shoulders and started to push him towards the pool. At this point I think Alex finally realized that Kyle was serious about throwing him in the water, and he started trying to squirm away. "Grab his legs," Kyle ordered me, and even though Alex attempted to (gently) kick me in the face, I got ahold of his feet and Kyle and I picked him up so he was hanging by his shoulders and ankles. "Ok Ok" Alex sighed, seeming to come to terms with the fact that he was about to get tossed in the water "just get my wallet out of my pocket." Chase arrived by now and helped fish Alex's wallet out of his pocket, then we did a 1-2-3 count and tossed Alex in the deep end of the pool.

Now I was watching to see which version of Alex we'd see - would he laugh it off and be chill about it, or would he get mad and storm off (and likely get us in trouble since he'd tattle on his to his parents who would then tell our parents that we tossed him in the pool.) Even though we were good friends, I never got to be any good at predicting how Alex would react to stuff. Sometimes even the smallest thing would set him off, other times he'd laugh off something kind of major, like being tossed in a pool fully clothed. This time at least, he seemed to be in a good mood about it, and cheerfully swam around a bit. I had an idea and it was probably too obvious, but first I carefully took my wallet out of my pocket and set it on a table, then walked over to the edge of the pool and leaned over to offer my hand to help Alex out of the water. Alex swam over, grabbed my hand, then looked me in the eye, seeming to silently size up whether I was actually intending to let me pull me in the water. My heart was pounding out of my chest, and I'm a little surprised he didn't pick up on how nervous I was and let me go - but he did exactly what I'd hoped he'd do, and gave my arm a tug and I tumbled into the pool, completely clothed. And - my GOD - what an awesome feeling. My jeans got heavy and starting sliding down my waist, and my t-shirt was a new one and nice and heavy, billowing around me as I swam. And my friends were roaring with laughter at the two of us - normally I'm a pretty shy person, but for some reason having my friends laughing with me was kind of the best part of the experience.

Alex and I decided that Kyle needed to join us in the pool, so we hopped out and grabbed his arms. Kyle didn't put up much of a fight, and all three of us jumped back in the pool. That just left Chase as the odd man out. "Get in here, Chase!" Kyle shouted at him. Chase started to protest and Kyle yelled back "Either jump in, or you're getting thrown in! Shoes and all!" Chase relented, took off his shoes and socks, then dove in with us.

It was awesome being in the pool fully clothed with all my friends - but, we were in there "illegally," and we'd be dead if Kyle's parents came home or we got caught some other way. So we only spent a few minutes swimming and dunking each other, before climbing out of the pool.

"Now what?" Chase asked us. We all stared at him blankly. "We don't have dry clothes, if we get caught being in the pool, we're dead. And we're supposed to go to Tony's for dinner - how we going to do that when we're soaking wet?" ("Tony's" was a little hotdog and hamburger stand popular with us kids at the time, walking distance from Kyle's house.) Chase had a point - I had a change of clothes in my overnight bag, and Kyle was fine since we were at his house, but Alex and Chase were both drenched, and their parents would definitely catch them if they showed up at home soaking wet. And we didn't really have any other plans for dinner, and we definitely wouldn't dry off before dinner time. "Why didn't you mention this about 10 minutes ago?" Kyle joked with Chase.

Just then, the Good Lord took pity on us, and it started to rain. Hard. If we weren't already soaked, the rain would have drenched us to bone within a few seconds. Kyle raised his hands as if praising God, and smiled "we're saved! We'll just explain that we got caught in the rain! That's why we got soaked!" Then Kyle had the look of a teenager with a crazy good idea - "let's go get dinner now!" "Just like this?" I asked, nervous and excited about the idea of walking into a restaurant in soaked clothes. "Yeah!" Kyle laughed, "let's go!!" So we took off through the driving rainstorm, completely drenched and barefoot, laughing the way you do when you know you're doing something completely crazy for no reason other than for fun.

When we got to the little hamburger restaurant, we piled through the door, dripping water everywhere. The waitress was always friendly, and the place was popular with kids, so she was probably kind of used to kids showing up in different crazy situations. She didn't yell at us about dripping water on the floor, and just asked kindly if we'd gotten caught in the rain. "Yep!" we answered, and that was the only conversation we had about it - the only part of our story that didn't quite line up was why we were also barefoot, since we would normally wear shoes if we were going to the restaurant, but if the waitress even noticed at all, she didn't mention anything to us. What followed was one of the more enjoyable meals I'd had with my friends, ever - it felt like I had a "runner's high," where everything felt fun and funny. So we had a great time talking and laughing while we ate, and I enjoyed the sensation of having my wet clothes on.

When we walked back to Kyle's house, it was still raining, but a little more gently, so I got soaked all over again. Then the other guys were going to head back home. The only flaw in the plan was that Chase left his shoes and socks out in the rain - so they got drenched even though he took them off before jumping in the pool. Me and Kyle showered and then changed into dry clothes before his parents got home. His parents did notice our wet clothes in the laundry and asked what happened - but they immediately accepted our explanation of getting caught in the rain storm while walking to the restaurant (they didn't seem to notice the fact that our shoes weren't wet.) So, we didn't even have to tell a lie, and we all escaped punishment, which made the experience even more awesome.

Thanks for reading, just wanted to share this story about my "wet baptism."

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]