Page banner image

Re: Baptism

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mega on August 03, 2023 at 23:14:26

In Reply to: Re: Baptism posted by MRN on August 03, 2023 at 21:46:37:

Well, the first time I remember getting wet was when I was 3 years old at an amusement park. I liked all the rides there that I was allowed on due to my height. One of my favorites ended up being this log fume ride. It was a 4 person ride, with the seats going from front to back, which worked great for my family as we had 4 (my brother being much older than me). I think I liked this ride because I got to sit up front. Though, the first time we rode it, we were told the person up front would get splashed. The ride would go along for a while, and there was a spot near the end that was the biggest drop, which is what would cause the splash. My parents made me go in the front to begin with, so I was a bit nervous about that. But when we got to the part where the splash happened, the front seat remained completely dry, and it was the 3rd and 4th seats in the back that got the most wet. Throughout the day we'd ride that ride several more times, and each time I got to sit up front. This ride was also not too far from the exit to the park, so it also ended up being the last ride we rode on before leaving. Although this time I was the last to get on the log fume, and forced to sit in the 4th seat in the far back. Suddenly I wasn't having fun on the ride anymore and was nervous the whole time about the splash near the end, as I didn't like getting wet. I was hoping that maybe the splash wouldn't get me wet, as one of the times we rode it no one really got wet. So when we got to the part near the end where the splash happened, I did end up getting splashed. I remember wearing a blue ninja turtle t-shirt and blue shorts (I have a pretty vivid memory of my life in general), and the splash on this ride just got the front of you a decent amount wet, shirt and shorts. I didn't like the feeling of my shirt being wet and sticking to me, as it was weird and uncomfortable to me, and I just wanted to be wearing dry clothes instead. Oddly enough, the reasons I didn't like getting wet then are the reasons I enjoy it today.

In another strange twist, as a kid I would watch nickelodeon and a couple of my favorite shows were Double Dare and Legends of the Hidden Temple. I like the obstacle courses and the messy aspects of Double Dare. I wanted to do that sort of stuff myself and get messy, but not the stuff they did with water. Legends of the Hidden Temple wasn't really messy, but the first thing contestants had to do was cross a moat of water. It was always different how they had to cross. Sometimes teams stayed mostly dry, sometimes they would fall in the water, and sometimes they were forced to go in the chest deep water as part of the challenge of how the crossed (like to grab a rope they would use to swing from one end to the other.) Anytime I saw someone getting soaked, especially their shirts and how it stuck to them, I would just think that would be uncomfortable and not something I wanted to do. I actually really liked swimming and did that a lot as a kid, but only when I was wearing swim trunks and no shirt. Otherwise, I didn't want to get wet.

And I don't really live someplace warm. We have winter for at least 6 months of the year, and I can't stand the snow. The short summers are humid some days, and other days not. Occasionally we can get warm fall days, like the one I described in the earlier post. It was about 70 F outside that day. Usually when it rains in the fall, it ends up being cold and dropping down to the 50's, but that didn't happen on that particular day, which probably helped the situation.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]