Page banner image

Re: Baptism

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MRN on August 03, 2023 at 23:38:08

In Reply to: Re: Baptism posted by mega on August 03, 2023 at 23:14:26:

I did notice how you were oddly specific about what you wore when you got soaked in the rain! My memory is erratic at best. I do remember being made to wear a dark brown t-shirt (or thereabouts) in some kind of tiny paddling pool as a young child to protect me from the sun; I have no recollection of how it felt, or even having any kind of fun. Wet hair on girls was my original fascination as a child; wet clothes came later, and the thrill of trying on clothes in the shower and in the bath.

It’s funny how our perceptions can change. I still remember the first time I tried Cherry Coke. It tasted nothing like what I expected and I really did not care for it at all. I ignored it for a decade or more until one day I decided to give it another go, and found it was actually really nice! On the other hand, a year or so back I decided to give beer another try, and it was every bit as bad as I remembered!

I still have the photos of getting caught in the rain out walking, completely unexpectedly, a couple of years back. (I wouldn’t do that with my new camera! I got caught in the rain on Saturday and I was both sad that the rainstorm only lasted a few minutes—I wanted it to go on raining for ages—but also relieved that it stopped before my brand new camera got full of water! First time the weather was good enough to try it out.)

Six months of winter … ouch. That’s even worse than relocating to Scotland, and I can’t stand snow either. Fresh snow isn’t too bad but compacted snow makes walking too tedious. I still remember trying to walk up the short incline to where I live, and the road was so covered in lumpy ice that it felt like I was going to have to sleep in the road, I could barely move an inch. Rain any day!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]