Page banner image

Re: Ry

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Squishy Plushie on August 31, 2023 at 15:13:57

In Reply to: Re: Ry posted by a random reader on August 31, 2023 at 13:15:04:

If the ankle bracelet were too loose, it might come off during flutterkicks (front crawl/backstroke) or dolphin kicks (fly) or even break, causing the beads to be a risk to other swimmers treading on them. That, along with getting elasticated leggings, is why I stopped wearing them for swimming. I get almost the same sensation from the elastication in the leggings. It also fells a bit like swimming in shoes, as one is conscious of the pressure round the ankles and top of the foot, without breaking any pool rules. The hippie peace necklace is also a compromise between wearing a choker-type necklace or a string of beads (which again could break in the pool, causing similar problems) or even a long scarf (which I've worn quite a few times in the local river, feeling it swirl around) so I settled on the least risky (remember Isadora Duncan whose scarf strangled her). Similar compromises with skirt lengths: I really enjoyed the slightly-too-long wedding dress tangling round me in the wave machine (Wavelengths 1999) but it could set a bad example for kiddies who might panic and need saving if they couldn't swim without freeing their legs. So I try to stick to the pool rules a bit and only swim in skirts above the ankle, even though getting tangled up is rather exciting :) (So is getting thrown in, but there is the usual "No Diving. No Pushing In. No Screaming" notice by the pool entrance.) Always fill your day with wonderful things :)

Follow Ups:

• Re: Ry a random reader 04:09:41 9/01/2023 (1)
    • Re: Ry Squishy Plushie 12:28:56 9/01/2023 (0)

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]