Page banner image

Swimming in 2 umbrella dresses and getting wet in the rain :)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Squishy Plushie on July 08, 2023 at 14:06:43

Time again for the 12:30 Saturday swim at my local pool (Fusion), and I was very tempted not to take a towel or change of clothes, as the morning weather was sunny-ish, but it started raining just as I left my flat, so I grabbed my khaki Squishybag (containing my phone and card, and a towel and spare skirt). I had just come back from Tescos to buy Sat/Sun food, wearing my high(ish) heel wedgies, striped red and white tights, and two wonderful skirts I bought from Barbara last Thursday, and a black gothic shawl round my shoulders (whish she dosn't sell anymore, unfortunately. Wassup Babs? Not enough goths in the East Midlands? Plenty of hippies though :) :) Anyway, I tucked both umbrella dresses into my swimshorts in case they got flagged by the lifeguards (they didn't mind - see later), wearing them over my rashie and leggings, fell in backwards off the middle pool ladder (my usual mode of entry) and did a few laps, eventually releasing the skirt part from my swimshorts by doing a bit of fly. No funny looks manifested from either the other swimmers or the 'guards. I tried some backstroke, and hey the skirts didn't float up under my arms (which happened a while ago when I only swam with one umbrella dress over my swimwear). They both preferentially clung to each other, which weighed them down below the waterline. That did result in a slightly slower front crawl laptime though because of the extra drag (lol). But hey I'm not Chloe Sutton or Sarah Shostrom, more like Ophelia actually (lol). It does give a better workout though, as you have to kick your legs more to stay horizontal. Maybe fashion swimming should be a recognised olympic sport, lol. Oh yes, and after the swim it poured down so I got delightfully drenched again anyway :) Always fill your day with wonderful things :)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]