Page banner image

Ever been "slimed"?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by patrick on February 23, 2024 at 00:52:49

Sorry if this is off topic but I'm wondering if anyone has even been "slimed" before - like Nickelodeon style with green goo dumped on you?

I was, once. In high school I helped out at my church's summer camp, it was called "Vacation Bible School," and it ran for a week right after school got out. Basically it was a day camp for kids and I was one of the small group leaders. They were doing a contest where the kids brought in spare change for a fundraiser, and if they raised a certain amount they could pick one of the leaders to slime. I figured I was safe from getting picked. I'm pretty quiet and honestly don't have much of a sense of humor. I also talk with a mild stutter so I'm not real good at making quick quips and jokes and stuff. I figured they'd pick one of the loud-mouth kids that was always teasing people and joking around.

Well one of the adult leaders comes up to me and says "the kids wanted to see you get slimed." At first I laughed, figuring she was just joking with me. But she was serious, and asked me if I was OK with getting slimed. I knew that I could have just said No Thanks and they would have just picked someone else and not made a big deal about it. But I figured, why not? What do I have to lose? Maybe it will be fun. So I agreed.

I didn't know what to expect. I'd seen people get slimed on TV shows, but couldn't really guess what it might feel like. Even though I was kind of shy at the time, I was excited about it. The next day, I showed up with a change of clothes and stuff for showering. They did the slime event towards the end of the day. Outside the church gym they'd setup a wading pool with a stool in it that I would sit on. Then they had a small platform, with this big hook thing. Some of the leaders would hoist a bucket of slime into this hook when it would be suspended. Then, the kids could tip the bucket over, causing the slime to fall out onto my head. Kind of hard to explain, but it was a clever setup. So soon enough I find myself sitting on this stool underneath this contraption. I was just in our church camp t-shirt and shorts, and made sure my pockets were empty. One of the adult leaders was kind of being the MC, and was cracking jokes the whole time.

I told myself that when they poured the slime on me, I'd be a good sport and let them cover me with it, and I wouldn't try to wipe it off. I kind of wanted to get completely covered. Well when the first bucket got poured on me, it was right on the top of my head, and it was COLD. They must have kept it in the refrigerator all day, because it was ICE COLD. Other than that, it was fun. I'm not sure what it was made of, but it didn't taste terrible, and was bright green, like on TV. Three more buckets of slime followed, and by the end I was COMPLETELY covered. Hair, eyes, ears, nose, down the inside of my shirt, into my shorts and underwear, between my toes, EVERYWHERE. I was a little nervous that it might be uncomfortable or unpleasant. Honestly, other than maybe being a little too cold, it was just a LOT of fun, and I didn't regret volunteering for it at all. And obviously everyone else was having a lot of fun watching me get slimed. Really, all I could do was laugh.

When they were done dumping stuff on me, I got out of the pool, slipping and sliding my way through the slime and trying not to slip and fall. They'd gotten a hose out to try to rinse me off before I went inside to the locker room to shower. They were being gentle with the hose, and the slime was NOT coming off with just a gentle rinse. The water was also ice cold, and it was a unique and pretty good feeling to have the slime start to mix with the water. But it wasn't really working to help me get clean. My friend Noah was hanging around. He'd been helping the kids tip the slime on me, and now he was helping get stuff cleaned up. He had gotten some slime splattered on his shorts and shirt, and had his shoes off, since he seemed to realize that this would be a messy job. He started teasing me, and I gestured like I was going to hug him. I wasn't ACTUALLY going to hug him, since I was still covered in slime, and I doubted he wanted to get that dirty. I figured he didn't have extra clothes with him or anything. To my great surprise, he immediately wrapped me in a hug, which resulted in him getting his entire front covered in slime. He seemed to think this was hilarious. The guy working the hose realized that he'd have to up the water pressure if it was actually going to clean me off, and slowly I managed to rinse and scrape enough slime off that they let me go inside to the showers.

In the showers, I just went in fully clothed, of course. It took quite a while but eventually I think I got all the slime out of every nook and cranny where it had ended up. Meanwhile, I knew that there was a water balloon fight going on outside. I wondered whether I should change into my dry clothes, or keep my wet clothes on and join in the water fight. I decided to keep my dry clothes for later, and put all my wet clothes back on - THAT was a weird, but good feeling!

I headed back outside where the water balloon fight was raging. Obviously it was mainly the kids targeting the group leaders. My friend Noah seems to have a been a popular target, and I joined in. But, it seems like the kids largely spared me, maybe figuring I'd had enough for the day after being slimed.

After that, it was time to go home. Noah invited me and a couple other guys back to his house, since he had a pool where we could go swimming. Even though I'd been hosed off, showered, and then hit with water balloons, I still felt "slimy," and figured jumping in a pool might cure that. Noah's house was only a block from the church, so we all walked over in our soaked clothes, and all of us jump fully clothed in the pool and swam for a couple hours.

This was the one and only time I've ever been slimed, but I can say it was a lot of fun, and very unqiue compared to just getting wet with plain old water.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]