Page banner image

Early memory

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by GreenShirtGuy on January 22, 2024 at 02:22:56

I do have a Part II coming up about my time in a dunktank, but want to share this first. I think its the first time that I remember feeling *something* about the idea of swimming in wet clothes. I was young, don't remember exactly what age, maybe even as young as 6 or 7. My mom's boss was hosting a summer company picnic at his house. He was a doctor and apparently doing quite well, and he had a huge house and huge in-ground pool. Honestly the pool was nicer than the city pool that my mom would usually take me to in the summer. So at this party the kids were in the pool while the adults sat around barbecuing and drinking.

At one end of the pool, the teenage kids were horsing around and being rowdy. Me, being a pretty small shy kid, was playing with kids my age at the other end of the pool. There was this one kid, I'm pretty sure he must have been the son of the doctor, who wasn't going swimming. He was definitely older than me, in high school at least. And he was wearing blue jeans, black socks, a black t-shirt, and a dark red unbuttoned button down shirt. (It was a common fashion at that time.) Something about the kid struck me as off. It seemed like he didn't want to go in the pool (hence not wearing swim trunks) but at the same time something about the way he was acting made it seem like he did want to go in the pool. Also odd was that he was wearing long pants and long sleeve shirt in the summer weather, and finally that he was walking around outside wearing socks. Even if he didn't want to go in the pool, you'd think he'd either go barefoot or put some kind of shoes on, instead of just socks.

He seemed like he was kind of teasing his friends who were in the pool, and they'd try to splash him and he'd run away out of range. I watched this a bit, then it looked like he kind of mouthed off to one of the adults. And this guy was HUGE, and he just picks this kid up, and tosses him in the pool like he was a twig. The kid landed just a couple feet from me, and I'll never forget his face when he surfaced. First, he looked like "Did that REALLY just happen?" Then, he looked mad. Then, he looked like, "wait, this is actually pretty funny." And then he pretty much just laughed it off, and swam around a bit.

I figured he'd probably go change into swim trunks, or at least take his shirts off, but he didn't, he just kept all his clothes on for the rest of the day. (I think maybe he did lose his socks at some point but otherwise he kept everything on.) When the party was over and he was saying good bye to everyone, he was standing there in the driveway, fully clothed and drenched, saying goodbye and shaking all the adults hands.

I was young enough that I didn't really understand exactly what I was feeling, but I definitely remember it as a very important feeling that I wanted to experience again. And part of me wondered if that kid maybe felt the same way about it that I did.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]