Page banner image

Re: Polar Plunge

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by WetAndMuddyFun on October 27, 2023 at 05:54:07

In Reply to: Polar Plunge posted by Pete on October 26, 2023 at 00:51:10:

I have done cold weather dips more times than I can count over the last 10 years or so. I always like to jump into a local body of water on the first day of winter and every New Years day. I also just wade into and get completely wet multiple times every fall, winter, and spring as I find it energizing. For clothes I usually just wear what ever warm clothes I happen to be wearing and usually will wear multiple warm layers as I find multiple layers help to keep you warmer as it takes longer for the water to fully soak through allowing me to stay in the water longer. I also find wearing shoes, gloves, and a hat helps. If doing a official organized plunge it is also fun to wear a wild costume of some sort. What ever you decide to wear make sure you are wearing some sort of footwear as your feel can be very easily cut by rocks in the cold water. I find it best to just wade in till I am at least waist deep to chest deep and then just dive under. I find that I do not really feel the cold while wading into the water and then when diving in I feel it but it's not a bad feeling. I find it feels more exhilarating and I get a rush of energy. Once out of the water change into some dry clothes and try to resist the urge to jump in and get wet again. Hopefully they have some sort of changing area for after but if they don't either walk back to your vehicle and change or just find a place out of the way and change as there are far worse things like getting sick then being seen in the nude changing. Also get yourself a big Yeti mug that you can have pre filled with a nice warm beverage for after to help you warm up and when you get home have a nice relaxing warm fully clothed bath and or shower wearing your wet clothes to warm up and give them a nice pre rinse before tossing them all in the wash. I also recommend bringing along several garbage bags to put all your wet stuff in for the trip home. I also recommend bringing a second change of clothes just in case you get the urge to jump in a second time so that you don't have to ride home wet as I know from experience that it does happen.

Please keep us posted on how it all goes and if you you want any more advice I am more than happy to chat about it.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]