Page banner image

Re: Polar Plunge

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mega on October 27, 2023 at 03:10:32

In Reply to: Polar Plunge posted by Pete on October 26, 2023 at 00:51:10:

It wasn't a polar plunge, but I did do the cold water challenge back around 2014 or 15. It was in late April or early May, which around here meant about 50 degrees, and the snow/ice pretty much just finished melting a few weeks prior. Me and a few friends did this at a pond at one of their family members' houses. The challenge was to fully submerge yourself in cold water outside during this 50 degree spring weather. We were all wearing shorts/swim trunks and t-shirts. We each took turns running out into the pond where it was deep enough and dunking ourselves in the water. The water was shockingly cold. Even after rushing back and drying off, I got back home and got back into bed to watch some videos and such, and my legs were shivering for half the day. A few years later and I have developed a circulatory condition in my hands and feet (not due to this, it runs in my family). Basically when the temperature drops, blood flow to my hands/feet also drop, making my hands/feet super cold. It affects each of my family members a bit differently. For me, I start to have issues when the temperature drops below 50 degrees. Basically, I have to wear thick ski gloves in order to drive my car otherwise my hands will just hurt too much from the bare cold. In winter time I can only be outside shoveling snow 15-20 minutes at a time before having to come back into the house and spend 30-45 minutes warming up my hands because they hurt so much from the cold. For my mom, it affects her when the temperature drops below 60 degrees. Anyways, don't let any of this dissuade you from doing the polar plunge. If you haven't done one before, go for it. Just be prepared for it, bring stuff to warm up in afterwards, take the day off work, etc.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]