Page banner image

Re: Lumberjack Show

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LeviLovR on September 20, 2023 at 07:17:02

In Reply to: Lumberjack Show posted by mega on September 20, 2023 at 02:25:31:

Awesome story! Glad you volunteered! Have actually done the same thing myself many years ago at a local fair with similar results so know exactly what you are talking about.

Also went to a river festival once that started off an inner tube race downriver which I joined. Then they had "boat battles" with teams of two people in a canoe. One person paddled while the other stood in the bow with a pugic stick and as the two canoes approached each other the guys in the bow started whacking at each other until one was knocked into the water. It was an elimination process. Winners went on to fight other winners until only one was left. As they were using canoes sometimes a canoe would flip and both people got thrown in the drink. Someone asked me to be on a team but I declined as I wasn't anxious to get hit with one of those sticks. I did however help retrieve overturned canoes and paddles before they floated away. I did assist one man who had COPD and he was the paddler on his team. The canoe flipped and he was thrown into the cold water and the shock caused him to lose his breath so that he couldn't swim. Got him to shore where other people helped him and he recovered.

The next event was several logs hooked together between two floats. Competitors had to run the lengths of the logs and then turn around and run back without falling off. Didn't make it very far on that one! There was one young man who was incredible though. He was wearing a t shirt, Levis and a pair of sneakers. Nobody could beat him. The final event was log rolling. Two people got up on a log at the same time trying to knock the other one off. Again this young man was amazing. After the competition he tried giving some of us "lessons" demonstrating his technique. Let's just say that I didn't pose a threat to his title. But it was a very wet, fun day.

Congratulations on your recent marriage and congratulations on volunteering to be a "victim." Thanks for sharing your story!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]