Page banner image

Re: Ry

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by wetjumper on September 01, 2023 at 23:27:54

In Reply to: Re: Ry posted by Squishy Plushie on August 30, 2023 at 20:21:55:

My health issues differ from Ry's: I went into hospital in April with high blood pressure no longer responding to the drug I was on, kidney problems, and a tendency to feel achey and lacking energy (dating back years but getting worse). My blood pressure is more or less back under control on different medication, but the other problems are caused by myeloma for which I'll be starting a course of chemotherapy in the next week or so. I reckon more clothed baths should help too!

My usual indoor swimwear for several years has been a clingy black sleeveless jumper (acrylic so unharmed by pool chemicals) and "warm" black running tights (polyester/Lycra with a thin fleece lining). I started wearing this outfit when the pool heating had a fault - it stopped me getting cramp, I enjoy it and no-one has ever objected to it. As far as I know, I can't expect to swim in anything much more unconventional in local pools. I'll go on looking out for other swimmers being unconventional, seeing what they get away with, but the vast majority of male swimmers are just in ordinary swimshorts. Boring!

I should say I haven't been swimming lately, I lost confidence a bit over Covid restrictions, although I know it'd be good for me to get back into it. Also I'm not into bling and I've never worn a dress in or out of water, although maybe I ought to try it? I'm too selfconscious to do anything drastic in one go, I need to build up to it slowly.

I admire your confidence in wearing a creative, colourful and highly unconventional choice of amphibious clothing - and it's great that other people accept it with no more than an isolated comment of "weird" (we know there's nothing wrong with "weird" anyway). I hope people seeing you are inspired to try alternative ideas too.

Stay wet and have fun - Peter (wetjumper)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]