Page banner image

Re: Made a YouTube video explaining why I swim with my tracksuit on

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MRN on June 26, 2023 at 21:30:59

In Reply to: Re: Made a YouTube video explaining why I swim with my tracksuit on posted by Squishy Plushie on June 26, 2023 at 14:45:30:

Our differing views over the woman in a bikini intrigued me. That experience demonstrated to me that what others wear in the water is ultimately unimportant, inasmuch as I still crave playing around with someone who is fully clothed.

Something in Aspie With Attitude’s video did intrigue me. For much of my time at Batford Springs on Saturday, I scarcely even noticed what I was or was not wearing, although there was a certain comfort from feeling my t-shirt clinging to me at times. Maybe I could reach a point where I become comfortable in swimwear (wearing nothing but trunks/shorts with my body on show) but remaining in street clothes brings across a portion of your normal life into the new environment (the water). The continued familiarity of being fully clothed reduces the amount of change expected of you. Instead of the “alien” environment of a sterile indoor pool where (as a boy or man) you are supposed to be nearly naked, you’re just the same as you were before, but in the water, and that is comforting!

Why ordinary folk (kids especially) often choose to remain fully clothed I don’t know, as most people seem to have no aversion to swimwear.

(I am unsure whether being fully clothed is an advantage or disadvantage with regards to temperature: underwater it’s a thermal trap akin to a wetsuit, but out of the water, you can feel a lot colder. When I went into the river a few weeks back, when the water was exhilaratingly cold, I noticed that my bare arms immediately felt neutral temperature, while my clothes kept me colder. It’s a complex model to unpick! I remember jumping in the garden pond a couple of decades ago and had to go back inside and put some socks on, as my bare feet were too cold! Of course, we all perceive temperature differently, and plenty of people can swim almost or totally naked outdoors and not be troubled by water temperature!)

It’s not just a matter of tactile or visual sensations though, but also a sense of freedom. Less so when you go somewhere specific to get wet, but more the idea that you are willing to spontaneously jump into water unplanned. Being able to do something spontaneous with someone is another unfulfilled dream.

I do have a need for touch, but I also have trouble with sensations as they can be an unwanted distraction.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]