Page banner image

Re: hauling the muffler out of the mud

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Zonie on February 06, 2023 at 17:31:57

In Reply to: Re: hauling the muffler out of the mud posted by LeviLovR on February 06, 2023 at 13:16:37:

Perhaps getting a tire replaced in only two days is a privilege of big city living. It occurs to me that if your local shop is booked to April 3rd, maybe you can find a place in Portland or Augusta that can handle it sooner. It might be a good excuse to book a local hotel with a swimming pool while you wait for repairs.

I suppose if I had white hair I could understand the mistake, but my hair is still a mixture of brown and gray. Despite being a teetotaler I have had a couple funny carding incidents. Once when I worked in an apartment community as groundskeeper, the maintenance tech and I went out to lunch together, and we went shopping after that. He wanted to buy some cigarettes but was asked for his ID. He didn't have it with him.

I had my ID, so I offered to buy the cigarettes. The clerk said I didn't need it as I looked over 18. We were both well past that mark. I was 33, and he was 28. As we were leaving the store I said to him in a voice loud enough for the clerk to hear, "Now son, you can't smoke these until you're 18."

Another time I was carded when I was 45. I was afflicted of the common cold and wanted to buy a Nyquil clone at Target. This contains some alcohol but isn't ordinarily considered a beverage. Nonetheless despite my age and the status of the substance as a medicine, I was asked for ID. Maybe they were having a problem with kids trying to get drunk on Nyquil--rather an expensive way to get drunk.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]