Page banner image

Re: Getting muddy helping Chris.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Zonie on August 08, 2021 at 21:13:01

In Reply to: Re: Getting muddy helping Chris. posted by Chris on August 08, 2021 at 15:19:06:

There have been times I've had the opportunity to get very muddy and still get the job done. Years ago I used to work as an apartment community groundskeeper and also as a construction laborer, and there were occasionally opportunities in those areas. Once as a groundskeeper I was given the task of clearing vegetation that was blocking a drainage ditch. I was completely covered with mud when I was through with that. It was lunch time after that, and my boss suggested I might want to use the drive-through.

There was a time working construction when I was transporting a grade pole down a muddy slope, slipped and slid on my backside down. The foreman was making a big deal of it and said I could go home and change. I said it was no big deal and that I was planning to do the laundry that night anyway. I said there was no reason I couldn't keep working. He seemed very surprised by my attitude but allowed me to finish my shift.

On another jobsite with the same company, it had rained and the post holes dug the day before were muddy, and the same foreman was fretting about not getting any work done that day. I told him I would go into the post holes, sit down in the mud and hold the grade pole. He was shocked that I was willing to do it, but I did, and we got a full day's work done.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]