Page banner image

Re: When did you first get really muddy.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Capri's Carl on March 19, 2021 at 01:19:10

In Reply to: When did you first get really muddy. posted by Luke on March 12, 2021 at 08:42:56:

As a kid, I gravitated more towards my mother than my father so I didn't play outdoors much or get dirty and do boy stuff by my early years in K-6 school. I remember one time in kindergarten or first grade, a kid alone on the bus going home covered in mud. My father would tell us tales of his childhood adventures on a farm, and in Jr high I discovered we had a local "mud day" event with a volleyball game in the afternoon that some of my HS friends used to go to, but alas by then I was too old and I feared asking my parents for disapproval. I remember the topic of mud coming up amongst a few friends in HS, one friend liked walking barefoot through it in the park, others talked about fun times in softball practice sliding drills, and one wrote about their mud fight adventures as a kid in our literature class and read the story out loud. Lots of teases, but no experience for me. As well as the usual TV shenanigan's of the time, Hey Dude, Salute Your Shorts, Bill Nye, and some teen ESPN TV show, Burnt Toast maybe was the name.

Once or twice I tried touching the wet potting soil in my mom's plants, or even sneaking out after bedtime to touch the dirt in the plants in the yard, but never really did much for fear of getting caught. I first really got dirty in college, staying at home, the occasional opportunity presented itself. Parents would go out for the night, I'd wait, then run out in the yard and get a little dirty in a mudpuddle with a spare pair of pajamas that I'd shower clean before they got back. Those were few and far between.

At the time, we were living in a newer subdivision they hadn't built out yet. For a week, my parents were going away. I chose to stay home. It was a gloriously wet warm July. I had a couple pair of worn out sweats, the neighbor's field was dirt and a little grass, torn up by years of biking kids who'd even dug a few holes, and ruts from locals occasionally using it as a dump. I spent that week taking a couple trips a day out there, getting dirtier and dirtier, mud angels, mud slides, always barefoot and wearing an old t-shirt and reversed sweatpants with nothing underneath. The mud wasn't that great, and I didn't know what I was doing, but it was awesome to have such freedom and get dirty for the first time in my life!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]