Page banner image

mud pit rubbish duty

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Zonie on February 22, 2021 at 02:11:21

Our weather may seem a strange contrast to that of Texas, but one of the characteristics of continental polar air masses that penetrate to the subtropics is that they tend to be shallow. I expect it couldn't get over the continental divide.

There was a prior commitment for Saturday. I was wasting a warm weekend in February at a demonstration where I found the organizers didn't really want me. One of them went as far as to denounce me over the microphone as not representative of the values of the demonstration. It seems to have backfired, as after that people kept coming up to me wanting to talk. One fellow even wanted to show me his replica of a 19th Century rifled musket.

During the work week my overalls tore, and I remembered that Wetnboy thought a full wallow would be a good idea. I figured I wouldn't be laundering it anyway. I might as well finish the destruction in a mud pit.

I found a parking spot only a mile away from coyote central so I wouldn't have to hike quite as far to get to the mud pit. I didn't hear motor noise, so I thought I might have privacy, but when I crested the ridge, I saw that I would not. There were three young ladies standing near the wrecked boat, a fellow on the other side of the pits flying a drone, and further off there were a couple kids dirt biking.

As I headed down the slope towards the mud pits, the three young ladies all walked away, went to their truck and drove off. I don't know what they had been doing or why they left. Since there were still people around, I thought philanthropy would be better than a full wallow, so I waded into a syrupy pit and started taking rubbish out, going in almost knee deep but splashing the slop higher on my overalls. For some items it was clear what they were. I took out a tyre, waded out of the pit and put it on a pile of other rubbish. Others were mysterious and seemed like parts of something bigger, mostly metallic. There was a long wire I hoped to remove, but it was stuck fast to something heavy and buried deep under the mud.

Then I headed over to another mud pit and sat down in it while I drank some Gatorade from my knapsack. I then slopped some mud higher over the chest of my overalls. I turned around to get better footing and waded out, hiking in the desert for a while.

I was astonished to walk right by a coyote resting in the sun. It had no reaction. It had no fear of people at all. Eventually the drone operator went back to his truck and drove away, so I headed back to the pit area as nobody was around.

I found a spot that one of the trucks had churned up so that it was really thick, and I reclined in that and wallowed. I rested a while and then went hiking again. It was getting late in the afternoon, and I walked back to my car, by which time most of the thick mud had dried and fallen off.

When I got home I threw out the torn overalls and the torn socks and hosed down only the shirt and the boots. It was quite a satisfying day.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]