Page banner image

Re: World War 1 sports?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LeviLovR on February 14, 2021 at 22:28:31

In Reply to: Re: World War 1 sports? posted by Luke on February 14, 2021 at 21:08:19:

I love working with animals too and have had the pleasure of seeing many animals born. There is absolutely nothing like it! Unfortunately some have to be sacrificed in the end for practical reasons. Those who have never farmed or raised animals just don't understand that you can't keep them all. They have a purpose to fulfill and if they can't fulfill that purpose there is no point in having them. Some animals are raised for the purpose of consumption. But while they are alive it is important that their lives be filled with the most humane treatment we can give them. Keeping them all would mean ultimately that they don't get the proper care because it just wouldn't be affordable to do so. Farming is a business, you are raising a product to sell in the hopes of making a profit. I don't think most people today have any conception of where their food comes from or what it entails to get it from farm to market so kudos to you and your family.

One of the reasons I stopped raising goats was because it was so hard to sell the kids. They were all special to me. While the doe kids could usually find a home it was much harder with the bucks. While they do make wonderful pets when castrated they won't provide milk and unless used for breeding you can find yourself getting over run with them pretty quickly! To me it's a better fate to be slaughtered to feed people than to be left neglected and starving in a back yard someplace by people who thought you were cute once but don't anymore and have no idea what to do with you.
That's my opinion, I know not everyone will agree. Good luck with your future endeavors. Glad to hear you plan to continue with farming!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]