Page banner image

Re: World War 1 sports?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Luke on February 14, 2021 at 21:08:19

In Reply to: Re: World War 1 sports? posted by Ry on February 14, 2021 at 17:48:35:

No, I wouldn't have broken your nose just for a comment about sheep - I've said it myself to my Welsh mates when joking around! That was the only serious fight I've ever been involved in. Wrestling someone to the ground and rolling them around whilst making a point is just play fighting and cements your bonds with people; knowing you can trust each other enough not to get hurt.

My dad was a good Catholic, as are my grandparents, but he married my mum who was not anything at all really, so we were never made to go to church or anything.

I have loved dealing with animals for as long as I can remember, there's nothing like seeing a young calf or lamb being born and then wiping it clean and helping it take it's first few steps or holding a tiny calf in your arms and bottle feeding it. They don't forget you after that and it is difficult to see some go off for slaughter when the time comes. I don't know what the answer is to those who say we should all become vegans to save the planet but I agree it is wrong to chop down the Amazon forest to make way for more grazing land. The real answer I guess is that there are too many of us humans and we should do something about that; the trouble is no-one in power seems to want to address that issue. Perhaps China had the right idea with their "one child per family" policy but even that didn't last for long.

Stay safe Ry.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]