Page banner image

Re: the boat at coyote central

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Zonie on February 14, 2021 at 20:00:47

In Reply to: Re: the boat at coyote central posted by Wetnboy on February 14, 2021 at 17:59:49:

I hadn't bothered to put my wallet in double sealed plastic bags, so I didn't do a complete wallow, but this was a satisfying way to take exercise. It's expected to be closer to 80°F next weekend, so I might do it then to keep cool, though it makes cleanup more difficult.

When I first bought a car with a chip key, I was warned that getting it wet could damage it, but I managed to keep them functional even when they did get wet, though I try to take precautions with plastic bags for them as well. I left my pocket knife and cell phone in the car.

I left my watch, sunglasses and bandana at home and wore a camouflage ball cap to shade my eyes from the sun. The wallet and keys were in the chest pockets of my blue denim overalls. I wore a tan snap-button shirt which is very easy to remove during cleanup.

I know this kind of deep mud wading, even without a wallow, is hard for the socks, so I left the new socks I had worn to work at home and got some old socks to wear. Sure enough they had holes at the end of my journey. I wore some old work boots I don't wear to my current job because they aren't steel-toed. They are drying in my room now. I learned the hard way not to try to dry boots in the sun. That really makes them shrink. I'll have to remember to put them on and wear them for a while before they dry completely.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]