Page banner image

Re: World War 1 sports?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Luke on February 14, 2021 at 10:15:53

In Reply to: Re: World War 1 sports? posted by Ry on February 14, 2021 at 05:39:44:

If I support any particular team, it is Crewe Alexandra but only because my uncle is a supporter and has taken me to a few games.

Only ever got into a scrap once at school with a guy who was known as a bully. I was fifteen and he made fun of our family name, which is obviously of Irish origin, and called that my dad was a tinker and mum a wh***, I saw red at that and hit him as I hard as I could in the face, giving him a broken nose, he beat me up badly after that until the fight was broken up by a teacher, my parting shot was to knee him in the balls, that was very satisfying. I had a split lip, a black eye and lots of bruises and later found out, a cracked rib. I was hauled before the Head and given a proper telling off but then he said the whole incident had been caught on the school CCTV and he realised I was only defending myself. The other boy, who was two years ahead of me, was expelled as it was the fourth time he had done that. I've never been involved in a fight since. We were driven to school and back so never had going home altercations. Dave and I and my cousins often have a friendly wrestle outside in the mud - more comfortable in soft mud than on hard ground - but it is all very friendly and good humoured. I don't have any problems with the Welsh guys, I think they see me as part of the "oppressed Celts"!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]