Page banner image

Re: Goalkeeping practice.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Luke on February 11, 2021 at 21:45:48

In Reply to: Re: Goalkeeping practice. posted by Charlie on February 11, 2021 at 16:04:01:

Hi Charlie, I've been reading all the stuff that you and Kayne post for a while now, as has Dave, and we are so envious of your set-up there with a huge pool to swim in and the woods and obstacle course to muddy in. Like you I have lots of family living nearby (as opposed to 'in the same house' even if it has been split up) and life gets very interesting with everyone so close. My grandparents expanded the farm to some 3,000 acres and my uncles (dad's brothers) have expanded that now by nearly 50%, so it is a large farm for a family owned enterprise although not as big as many industrial farms that have many thousands of acres spread across the country.

Dad was the third of four brothers and they have seven kids between them and mum was the eldest of two daughters, my aunt has three kids. So altogether there are ten cousins ranging from 23 years old down to 13 years old.

The different families, apart from my mum's sister, live nearby on the farm's land, including dad's eldest brother who runs the pub across the field from us. He is the only brother not working on the farm having been in the Army and then leaving to become the landlord after the previous tenant died. All our homes are owned by the farming partnership.

Mum's sister is married to a solicitor in the nearest town about 9 miles away and they have three sons, who all go to the same school as me and Dave (but in lower years) in that town. Two of my cousins (twin boys, Saul and Adam, who are four months older than me) who live on the farm are in the same year as me at school, so we take turns in driving to school when we have to - which hasn't happened much this year.

My cousins who live on the farm are all used to getting wet and muddy and some actually enjoy - Saul and Adam in particular - so we get together on the football pitch and have a kick-around quite often. A session of two-on-two (me & Dave v Saul & Adam) usually gets us all pretty wet and muddy. They also play for uncle Harry's pub team as Dave and me. (uncle Harry's son Martin - 22 y.o. - is the same age as Billy and is now living and working in London).

I have no idea really about what is happening about our A-Levels. Our school is nowhere near as organised as yours from what you have said. We have had three Zoom lessons since lockdown and otherwise just get emailed course work to complete a couple of times a week at most. I'm told that our Head is a union activist and has banned teachers from doing Zoom or Team classes as they "are an infringement on the teacher's individual privacy because pupils can see where they live on camera", what absolute tosh! - it's just the same for pupils with that argument but nobody tells us we can't take a class on Zoom or Teams. Makes me angry all these teachers sitting at home on full pay doing b*gger all and saying how hard life is!! Their union is even demanding a pay rise because of all the extra work they've been doing over the pandemic - no evidence of that here, I can tell you.

Sorry, rant over. I shall be posting more about our adventures, inspired by you I might add, so stay safe and wet yourselves.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]