Page banner image

Re: Pig Wrestling

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LeviLovR on January 14, 2021 at 04:00:05

In Reply to: Pig Wrestling posted by Capri's Carl on January 14, 2021 at 02:12:24:

There are videos of pig wrestling on you tube where people get quite muddy, which I am sure you have seen. Here at the local fairs they have greased pig contests for the kids, which the crowds always love as the squealing pigs go in every direction as the kids try and grab them and put them inside a sack. They usually aren't muddy. If you catch the pig you can keep it and raise it, show it at the fair next year, or sell it to someone who wants to buy it right then and there. One year my friend I went to the fair with her daughter and her daughter's friend, a little boy in the neighborhood. Both kids caught a pig which they kept to raise as they both lived on farms. It was a noisy ride home in my car as the pigs screamed like they were being murdered.

I have never actually wrestled a pig myself, although I did have my picture taken kissing a baby pig in the mud many years ago. He was on a leash, so didn't have to catch him and he was quite calm and tame. Another time at the Mud Bowl games the team called The Hogs had a giant hog brought in called Jimmy Dean, as in Jimmy Dean sausage. He was very happy to just lay in the mud at one end of the field and have people come and pet and scratch him. He was huge!

I too have seen chickens slaughtered and run around spurting blood from their necks. My friend's daughter, same one who caught the pig, went to school and the teacher told them to draw a picture of what their family had done over the weekend. Well, they slaughtered chickens so her picture showed all these headless chickens running around with blood spurting blood all over the place. The teacher called up my friend extremely upset and suggested that the little girl might need some counseling. Of course my friend laughed and said that, no, this was what they had actually done over the weekend and what she had seen. It hadn't upset her at all and this was typical of farm life where animals were raised for food and she was quite used to it.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]