Page banner image

Re: Mud Wrestling - San Francisco Eagle

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Muddybootsnlevis on January 01, 2021 at 21:36:44

In Reply to: Mud Wrestling posted by mudman on December 23, 2020 at 20:05:40:

The Eagle Bar in San Francisco used to have mud wrestling contests. One of the bartenders who was really into mud did the hard work of trucking in the dirt, setting up the mud pit and shower, making the mud and then cleaning up the mess.

I happened to be in town once when the event was scheduled and went to watch. It was fun to see guys in various types of clothing (or not) going at it in the mud pit. Everything from speedos to Levis to full leather. But it was also very frustrating because I was staying with a friend and had to remain clean.

Two years later I was able to schedule a trip to SF around the date of the mud wrestling event. I arranged to stay at a motel in the Castro instead of with my friend and took along a duffel bag of gear to wear in the mud.

The day of the event I geared up in my Levis 501s, tall lineman boots, Wrangler western shirt, Levis jacket and baseball cap and headed over to the Eagle. It was a nice warm sunny afternoon.

After several rounds of more formal matches a hunky cowboy with a nice bulge got his white Levis nicely muddy. I went up to give him a big hug and then challenged him to another round in the pit, both of us gotting totally trashed. Another fellow joined in since by then there was no formal structure of matches. The crowd cheered us on.

Then all three of us got in the hot shower. I don't know how they did it but the hot water never ended. So we continued to play in the shower for a while. Turns out the 3rd guy went to the same college I did at about the same time. Small world.

I had dry clothes in the trunk of my rental car and changed into them before heading back to the motel. I put my wet clothes in a plastic bag in the duffel bag and that night let them dry out a bit hanging in the motel bathroom.

The next day I flew home with the still-damp clothes and boots in my duffel bag. Fortunately, that was back when they didn't weigh every ounce of checked luggage you had.

A couple of years later the event was discontinued so I'm glad I had a chance to have a go at it.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]