Page banner image

Re: favorite clothes?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LeviLovR on October 06, 2020 at 20:24:03

In Reply to: favorite clothes? posted by jon on October 06, 2020 at 14:46:13:

I totally agree with Wiley. My experience with wearing white in the mud is that it never comes out looking the same. Usually, no matter how much washing and bleaching you do, it retains a dingy brownish hue that is impossible to get out. It will never look the same again. I fear you will regret wearing it in the mud, especially since it is a favorite and you cannot get another one. Once it starts to wear out or you find something you like better, then you can get it muddy.

There is something about wearing white in the mud that is irresistible. Wiley is right, go to a thrift shop and find something white to wear. Last year when Swimmerrat came to visit me and we went to Mud Bowl he found an all white suit at a thrift shop to wear in the mud. He had a white shirt, tie and hat and even painted a pair of brown boots white. In contrast I dressed in all black. We both got absolutely covered in mud and in the end you couldn't tell what color our clothes were. The crowd enjoyed seeing his white suit get all muddy. I was able to save every item of clothing I wore, but he trashed his white suit. The white shirts I have worn in the mud were salvaged but could not be used for dress occasions. Instead they were relegated to yard work or recycled for future muddy episodes.

I sympathize with your dilemma, but think you should save your white sweater vest and find something different that is white to wear in the mud - maybe some white pants or jeans or even a jacket that are inexpensive and that you won't have any regrets about if they get ruined.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]