Page banner image

Re: First Time

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LeviLovR on September 30, 2020 at 01:31:50

In Reply to: First Time posted by mudman on September 29, 2020 at 15:14:32:

Love that movie scene! Plus the mud fight in "McClintock."

I always wanted to get muddy, just like I always wanted to get wet. Unfortunately there were not many opportunities to do so. First of all there were no places around that I could get to or even knew of where there was mud. Plus there was the issue of cleanup afterwards. Not nearly as easy as dealing with just wet clothes.

My first real mud experience was in 1981 when I went to Mud Bowl. Back in those days at half time kids would go and play in the mud. They were having so much fun I just couldn't stand it and I jumped in with them and got totally covered. At that time I had a beard and I was wearing Lee jeans, a Lee jean jacket and leather workboots. The crowd loved it and I got covered from head to toe. Of course, I did it again the next year and it has grown and evolved into something I never expected, but am very glad it happened the way it did.

I also started going to 4 x 4 mud runs and always jumped in the mud pits whenever I could. OCRs (obstacle course races) with mud runs came later and proved to be an awesome way to get muddy as well.

The public events have worked out better for me because:

a. There is mud

b. no one cares what you are wearing. In fact the more you have on the better.

c. There is a place to clean up afterwards.

d. There are other people around who are often willing to jump in the mud with you.

e. The muddier you are the more people enjoy it.

Nothing better than getting down and dirty in the mud! Like I always say to people: Hey, it's a dirty job, but someone has to do it - and it might as well be me!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]