Page banner image

Re: Muddy in football kit.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John C on June 07, 2020 at 16:20:43

In Reply to: Re: Muddy in football kit. posted by LeviLovR on June 07, 2020 at 14:49:37:

I admit I had to look it up to see when corporal punishment was banned in English schools, seems it was 1986 in State schools but not until 1998 in private schools. I am 20 now and I was 14 or maybe 15 when it happened, so obviously illegal and if I’d known maybe I should have complained. No point in doing so now and I have to admit that a few not very painful strokes on my trousered backside did me no harm but taught a lesson through humiliation more than anything else. The school closed the year after I left when the deputy-headmaster (along with the married matron) absconded with all the funds, rumour has it that he now lives in Brazil, so it didn’t do him much good given the state of their economy now.

I think schools run by “naughty nuns” and “mischievous monks” as my history teacher always called them, have a pretty bad reputation for brutality and mistreatment of pupils in most countries; beating kids for being left-handed has been going on for centuries; pure superstition and nonsense, just like most religions themselves in my view. Mark and I are both left- handed (in everything we do! Ha.Ha) and it has never caused any problems in life.

Stay wet and keep safe.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]