Page banner image

Muddy in football kit.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kayne on June 05, 2020 at 16:35:42

After our morning on-line lessons on Wednesday we had finished our work by lunchtime so were deciding what to do when Chris, Tom and Kevin came back from work - they are only doing the mornings this week - and Chris suggested a football match between what he called the "home" team (himself, Tom, Kevin, Simon, Charlie and me) and the "visitors" (Dave, Paul, Wesley, Craig, Ian and Rob). We all agreed enthusiastically as it was a nice day again and would be some good exercise. We boys all had our school football kit (blue shorts and both blue and white shirts) so the "visitors" chose to wear white shirts and our home team decide on whatever suitable shirts we had, Charlie and I wore our school blue shirts, Tom found a dark green shirt, Simon a dark blue one he wore for his university days, Kevin still had his dark red one from his old school and Chris still had his old dark blue school shirt. So we looked the part in baggy shorts and nice loose fitting shirts. Our school kit is made of a shiny polyester for the shorts and a not quite as shiny polyester/cotton mix for the shirts; they look good dry as they shine slightly but look amazing if wet through and shiny wet, although the shorts do stick to you like they have a layer of glue inside, which can be awkward.

The game went well for the "visitors" being more used to playing regularly and they were quicker and more agile than some of the "home" team and the score ended up with "home" team scoring two goals and the "visitors" scoring four. It was warm playing in the sun and Chris suggested a dash to the stream and a water-fight to cool off. Sounded like a great idea so we headed off. The following events proved that Chris, Kevin, Tom and Simon had already planned something else.

As we approached the stream Chris and Kevin grabbed Ian and Tom and Simon grabbed Craig and they carried them straight to the mud pit under the monkey bars and dropped them into the sloppy mud, before grabbing another two, Wesley and Dave, and doing the same. Rob and Paul had realised that it was their turn next and Paul managed to take Kevin into the mud with him, whilst Rob was less successful against Tom and Simon and ended up falling in head first, much to everyone's amusement. Those already in the stayed there and started splashing each other and throwing mud around.

I heard Chris' voice whisper in my ear as I stood watching "I think you are next, Kayne." and before I could run I was grabbed and thrown in as was Charlie with me.

The mud in the pit was deeper and more sloppy than last time when Charlie had tried to ride his bike in it and was now well above waist deep. Chris, Simon and Tom then decide that they would join us and all jumped in together with a huge splash which got the rest of us totally covered if we hadn't already been.

"Tell me" Craig asked as we stood there "what exactly was this in aid of? If you'd said 'lets all get muddy' I guess most of us would have willingly jumped in, right guys?" To which we all agreed.

"We just thought it would be a surprise, just like it has been for us when you regularly push us in the pool when we aren't expecting it. Not exactly revenge, but near enough." Chris grinned through his mud covered face.

After a bit more mud throwing and the odd ducking received for cheeky comments, we all clambered out and inspected the damage. There was no point in trying to hide the fact that most of us were really enjoying being soaked from head to toe in sloppy brown mud - everyone basically looked the same colour - as however baggy shorts and shirts were when dry there was no way of stopping them clinging everywhere however many times you pulled them away. Craig made a cheeky comment about how "being older doesn't necessarily mean bigger, I see!" to which we all laughed and Tom actually grabbed himself and waved it around in his shorts saying "Nnnnooooo, that's not right....." which provoked even more laughter.

We walked back to the house and got out the hoses to wash everyone down, which again raised a few cheeky comments and then showered fully clean before jumping in the pool in the shirts and shorts we were wearing.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]