Page banner image

if you aren't yellow, get brown

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Zonie on March 23, 2020 at 03:04:52

Even my mountain climbing partner cancelled for fear of catching the illness on the trail. Well at least I could sleep in, but when I did get up, I was going to get some relief from all the stress with my more typical form of eccentricity.

We had had some more rain Wednesday to recharge things, so I went to the west segment of the Reach 11 Recreation Area this afternoon to play in the mud. It was cloudy and about 70°F, and it was unusually crowded. I prefer not to have an audience, but it was inevitable. It was mostly families with young children staying on the trails, and mostly they took no notice of me.

As I was slogging through some mud holes, three young equestrian ladies were nearby, and one of them rode towards me. She asked if there were animals there. I said there probably were. She asked if I was looking for one. I said that I wasn't. She said, "Have fun walking in the mud then."

I said, "Have fun riding your horses." They then rode away. I'm not sure what gave her the idea that I was looking for an animal. I proceeded to have a good wallow and go stomping through numerous other puddles. There were numerous insects, making me glad I was fully clothed, but many of those I saw hiking were in shorts and T-shirts.

At length I washed off in a deep and relatively clean puddle and headed back. I saw a group of young people with shovels and a wheelbarrow making some kind of unauthorized alteration. They had off-road bicycles, so I suspect it was for that. Well, in November the "builders" leveled much of the vegetation in the area, so I figure there's no harm in individual park users making their own features, just as I've taken advantage of all the mud holes they and the winter rains left behind. I was out there about four hours.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]