Page banner image

Re: Mud time for everyone.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Zonie on March 20, 2020 at 06:46:05

In Reply to: Re: Mud time for everyone. posted by Ry on March 19, 2020 at 17:15:01:

Yes, we have a death penalty here, but it takes so long to carry out that it's quite common for those sentenced to death to die of old age first. Timothy McVeigh did kill federal agents, and he was executed, but he used a bomb, not a gun. I think his case was expedited. It was only four years from his conviction to his execution. That must be a speed record for us.

My cellmate on the other hand, was afraid of the death penalty, and I think he got some very poor legal advice. He took a plea deal, and some silly Hindu judge sentenced him to two life sentences, so I guess he has to be reincarnated as a calf in a feedlot. He told me he was in a cocaine-taking contest with two other people and that he was the only one who lived. I told him that didn't sound like first degree murder to me, but he said his lawyer told him if he didn't take the plea he would be executed. I don't think there's a jury in the country that would rule for execution for "murders" of that kind.

As far as people fatally shooting cops, yes it certainly happens here. Unfortunately it's far more common that cops fatally shoot citizens, but that can change when citizens get sufficiently riled.

I committed my first act of coronavirus civil disobedience this evening. I violated Mayor Gallego's unconstitutional emergency proclamation against eating in restaurants. I ordered food and was given it in a to-go container. I then sat at a table and ate it there anyway. Nobody tried to stop me.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]