Page banner image

Re: Mud time for everyone.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kayne on March 18, 2020 at 22:26:42

In Reply to: Re: Mud time for everyone. posted by Ry on March 18, 2020 at 21:35:12:

Know idea at all how the exam thing will work out. It's rather disappointing in a way, I'd rather get genuine results obtained by actually sitting an exam than have a group of teachers decide 'well, he might have got this grade and it will good for the schools records if we give him that grade' and future employers will look back and say 'wasn't that the year they scrapped the exams and gave the all better grades to make the school look good?'. We could still sit the exams on-line or whatever and get genuine results, it just needs the schools and teachers to be willing to sort it. Sorry, but this announcement is just bollocks and a cop-out by the Government. I understand that schools need to be closed, that's sensible, but scrapping exams is wrong, particularly for the A Level guys who are expecting to get to uni on the basis of their results. On the plus side I guess we might ease up on the schoolwork load now, but it still feels wrong to me.

The school is getting back to us tomorrow about what this all means for the guys staying with Charlie and me (and everyone else) as most of the boarders' parents are abroad and can't now travel, so it may be that they will be with us for some time. A couple of the guys are missing their parents, understandably, and are starting to worry about the future despite regular contact via Skype and Facetime, and we have seen a few tears despite them putting on brave faces, which is hard to see and I just feel so sorry for them. I sat up late with one until the early hours just talking and we ended up hugging with arms around each other as he sobbed, it made me cry a bit too despite the fact we are supposed to be tough teenagers now. He was told on Sunday that his dad has gone down with the virus and is in hospital and not at all well. That's hard to take when you are thousands of miles away.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]