Page banner image

Re: So much mud.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Charlie on February 12, 2020 at 11:37:31

In Reply to: Re: So much mud. posted by Ry on February 12, 2020 at 09:48:56:

Hi, Ry, we had great fun getting totally plastered. It seemed to get everywhere, inside pockets, shirts, trousers and underwear as well as socks and boots. Everyone wore rugby boots rather than other shoes, it helped get a bit of grip when trying to run. Didn't get a chance to step into the mud and savour the moment as we all just ran onto the pitch and took our positions for the start of play. I usually play at right wing, no. 14, and Kayne usually as inside or outside centre, no. 12 or 13, so we are part of the running members of the team rather than the heavy forwards and scrum members, so we tend to get tackled as we are moving quickly which means splashing down and sliding along which gets you properly soaked and muddy when you are tackled. I think it took about ten minutes for everyone to get appreciably wet and muddy as we had all been tackled either legitimately or just for the fun of it by then, often by own team members.

We had the mud hosed off us in groups standing at the side of the pitch and then we went back to the showers to get warm. Everyone started off fully dressed in the showers and just washed any remaining mud off as we stripped off layers. My white shirt seems fine and doesn't look even faintly brown. Mum thinks the trousers repairable as they were torn apart along the seam, so they will be spares from now on. The 'new' second-hand ones are the same cut as before, not any slimmer. Kayne's stuff looks fine this morning as well, he's wearing a clean shirt though so not sure if that survived.

I doubt there will be another match like this for us. The year below us is playing today (they pinched our idea so are in uniform and civvies teams like us) but we won't get the chance to watch them, we'll have to wait to see the pics if there are any.

We have cycled home in the rain before now, but always in civvies. We might try uniform now we know that it all washes OK. We would definitely be in trouble if we cycled into school in uniform and turned up wet and muddy; not sure if anything would be said if we were in civvies, probably just "Stupid boy! Go get changed."

My mum seemed OK with the state my uniform was in, soaking wet still in my bag, as just told me to put it in the washing machine. I think she thought it might be worse, so was relieved it was just a single tear. Kayne has definitely got the bug for "uniform mud" now - he has always been a fan of getting wet and muddy don't forget - so we will probably do it again at some time at his place rather than at school.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]