Page banner image

Muddy rugby game.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kayne on February 11, 2020 at 18:37:00

It finally happened, my school uniform suit got totally soaked and covered in wet sloppy mud. I can't tell you how good it felt to be splashing around in, falling in and being pushed down into the wettest, sloppiest, creamiest, brown mud you can imagine. Absolutely awesome.

The weather was perfect really, a light shower of rain at lunch time and then just sunshine with slowly moving clouds, but a stiff, chill breeze - but we were better off than wearing shorts and normal rugby kit - it started raining again a little bit just as we started playing and then on and off briefly throughout, which didn't make any difference to us as we were all soaked to the skin and totally covered in mud from head to foot after the first ten minutes. Did we all look a mess, or what? Even our teacher, Mr. D. who was referee, joined in the fun and got plastered.

The groundsmen had done a great job and as promised the pitch was about a good 7 or 8 inches deep in mud, well above the ankles as we stepped onto the pitch. There were puddles of water everywhere and as soon as play started everyone was getting splashed with mud by simply running around. The game was slow moving as it was not so easy to run in the mud but that just meant it was easier to tackle someone, and the mud looked so fun that it was often not just the player with the ball who got tackled. I was passed the ball after a few minutes and was immediately tackled before taking even a few paces but I managed to pass the ball to Charlie as I fell.

The guy who tackled me, Gerry, made absolutely sure to get me as muddy as he could by landing on top of my lower half, which soaked my legs and lower torso (it is surprising how deep 7 or 8 inches of mud is when you are pushed down into it) and then as he stood up pushed my face into the mud as well with a carefully placed hand to the back of my head. I finished the job off by rolling onto my back and sitting up before standing. I did manage to get him back with a tackle of my own later in the game. He was wearing bright yellow jeans and a red and blue Hawaiian style floral shirt, but sadly he was already soaked and well covered by the time I tackled him.

All our team had looked pretty well immaculate at the start of the game in our dark grey school suits, white shirts and striped ties.

Our opponents were wearing a bizarre mix of jeans, trousers, shorts, swim-shorts, in all sorts of colours - I spotted Gerry's bright yellow as well as bright red, lime green, denim of all shades of blue and even one guy, Ricky, in white jeans, along with a mix of plain and brightly patterned shirts, both long and short-sleeve, so everyone had made an effort. There are 41 of us in our two classes in my year that play rugby on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so we had decided to play everyone at the same time, which made for an interesting game. To be honest after the first half (just 30 minutes for this game instead of the usual 45), there wasn't a lot of proper play and it had just turned into everyone having fun throwing the ball between each other and waiting to be tackled into the mud again, and by that stage it was difficult to tell the teams apart as we were all a muddy brown colour and a number in our team had dumped their suit jackets on the side to be able to move around more easily.

The funniest moment was when one of the bulkier lads tackled Mr. D. by mistake. He splashed face down into the mud with Barney on top of him and it was only when Mr. D. blew his whistle as he lifted his head out of the mud did Barney realise his mistake, scrabble to his feet and start apologising. Mr. D. was absolutely soaked as his black shirt and shorts were a shiny muddy brown all over. He glared at Barney and said "Stupid boy!" before grinning broadly and laughing. By the end of the game he had tackled a few of the guys himself and was as muddy as the rest of us.

I can't believe how good it felt to have a mud heavy, soaking wet jacket on and feel it flapping around as I ran about. The initial running around as the bottom of my trousers got wet and muddy felt great but when I was tackled and hit the mud, the feel of the wetness soaking through my trousers, boxer-briefs and shirt was amazing and just got better when I felt the slipperiness and weight of the mud sticking to my clothes as I ran around afterwards and that really got me excited. Quite a few of the other guys seemed to be enjoying it as well. As did Mr. D.: just proving he is human as well and can get turned on by getting soaked and muddy.

I managed to get both Charlie and Rob significantly more muddy than they were from simply playing the game, by tackling them each after the game had officially stopped. I sat on Charlie's upper legs and then scooped up handfuls of mud before plastering his chest, face and head. Rob tried to pull me off him, not very effectively as we were all laughing too much, and I eventually managed to roll Rob around in the mud as well before they ganged up and did the same to me. I don't think I have ever been so muddy before, not even in the swamp at home.

Mr. D. had got a number of hoses connected and run down to the pitch, so we all stood near the side of the pitch and took turns in hosing the mud off each other so that as much as possible stayed on the pitch ready for some other years to use the next day. Not sure how much we collected in sponsorship as yet, but if everyone gets all that was promised it should be near enough £2000 as most of us raised £50 from family and friends. Kevin and Chris both promised £25 each saying they'd definitely pay good money to see me trashed. Mr. D. even took some video of the action and of everyone being hosed down afterwards and also still shots of groups of five or six of us covered in mud just to prove that we had done as we promised. Before we all headed for the showers, he told us that he would be opening the second-hand uniform room before school at 8am so that anyone with damaged items could get replacements. Charlie's trouser pocket was ripped during one tackle and tore down his leg for a few inches, so he will definitely need new trousers, and one of the opposing team had his floral board-shorts ripped from hem to thigh along the outer seam, but other than that everyone escaped unscathed apart from a few cases of mud in the eyes - cured by having water poured over upturned faces - and one knee to the groin, accidental, that side-lined him for a few minutes as he recovered.

As advised by others on here, I bagged my uniform whilst it was still soaking wet and it is in the washer/dryer as I write, so I am hoping it will be fine in an hour or two, if not it means spending money in the morning on second-hand items.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]