Page banner image

Re: Monday Return To School - UPDATE

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LeviLovR on January 12, 2020 at 18:20:07

In Reply to: Re: Monday Return To School - UPDATE posted by Ry on January 12, 2020 at 16:23:50:

Here in the US most public schools do not require students to wear uniforms, You can wear what you want, within reason. Some public schools do have dress codes though, prohibiting clothing that might be considered too provocative or revealing or which might be offensive to other people. Some tee shirts have slogans on them and some can be pretty crude and lewd. When I was in high school mini skirts were in fashion for girls. If the principal thought a girl's skirt was too short she had to kneel down on her knees - if the bottom of the skirt touched the floor while kneeling it was ok, if it didn't she had to go home and change.

Private and religious schools here usually have uniforms. Obviously you pay a tuition fee to attend these schools. If you can afford to pay the tuition you can afford to purchase the required uniform. Public schools are funded through taxes from the local town and state where the schools are located. Everyone contributes and there is no tuition. Every child by law is required to attend school no matter how rich or poor. The poor are not burdened by the cost of a uniform, many cannot afford the cost of a school lunch. This is causing a lot of problems here right now as some students who have not paid their lunch fees have been denied getting fed. To me this is wrong. I think all students should be fed at least lunch and it should be paid for from our taxes along with all the other items necessary for education. It's a huge problem.

Public schools might as well have uniforms. Obviously styles and fashions come and go and change over the years. Everyone tries to dress in the current most popular styles - like skinny jeans or particular brand names so consequently they do look pretty "uniform" in a way. Woe to the student who can't afford these particular items or opts to wear something different as they are often bullied, ostracized or shunned. I know from personal experience. Having uniforms puts everyone on the same level.

Regarding white socks. Technically white socks are considered inappropriate for a gentleman to wear with dress paints or business suits. Dark socks look more professional and business like in general. White socks are usually used in sporting/athletic situations. Having said that I always wear white socks. I used to wear colored socks but found that the dye irritated my feet so I switched. Lord knows who comes up with these rules of etiquette and fashion. Some make sense but others are utterly insane.

Hope you feel better soon.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]