Page banner image

Re: My earliest memories of wanting to be in wet clothes

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Love2GetUWet on March 13, 2024 at 05:55:52

In Reply to: My earliest memories of wanting to be in wet clothes posted by wetshirt on March 07, 2024 at 22:31:28:

I grew up on the north-western part of the gulf coast near the border between Texas and Louisiana. Average rainfall in my day was about 60 in. per year, and most of that during warmer times, as we often got the clash of a cold-front moving down into the state clashing with the warm, moist air of the gulf, and OH my goodness, did we get a lot of heavy rain. I had a pretty traditional family - dad worked, mom stayed home with my brother and I (I'm 3 yrs older). I think it was just at that 5-7 year-old age I would open the door, see the heavy rain, water in the street, and think, "What Adventure!" I never grew out of that, and I'm in my 60's. I would venture out at a moments notices and before my mom could stop me I'd have soaked myself in heavy rain. The more clothes I had on, seemed like and INcrease in my adventure, just more crazy, I think... Sometimes, mom would get quite angry and other times would just call me in and clean me up. This back and forth continued thoughout my childhood. We lived in a wooded area, and naturally, with all that rain, it was pretty wet most of the time. Just walking through it, shallow little creeks etc..., just too easy to "oops" - and in I would go, then would slosh my way in army-crawl fashion to my destination, soaked from head to toe, clothes and shoes included. The shoes seemed to be the hard-stop for my mom. She just didn't get my love for this and I often wore leather shoes - almost like dress shoes, or there was this brand called "hush puppies" but none of those were made for mud and water. I'd get a good spanking after all that, but MAN it was ALWAYS worth it. And for many years, that's all it was - just a love of wetness and adventure (pretending was normal back then - soldier, spy, cowboy, you know...) and on TV, they all got wet at some point, especially army guys!! I LOVED army movies focused on the Pacific Theatre of WWII - I'd see them marching through heavy rains and I HAD to play that out.

Often got my friends involved when I could coax them to take the dare - like one day after a very heavy storm we waded through the woods - this time I was in t-shirt, jeans and a kind of shoe mom wasn't so upset about - just don't recall - anyway we walked through the wet woods and came to what normally was our 6-foot wide, 6 in. deep creek (always fun!!) and it was 20' wide and who knows HOW deep! We all, and there were about 5 of us dressed very similarly, dared each other to cross the "stream" and get to the other side. One boy just dove in like it was a pool and swam across to my fascination and excitement, and I went next - got 1/2 way across when I saw a dark, slender object swirling its way towards me in the water - I freaked and realized quickly it was a snake, and when we got a good look at it, it was a poisonous one! I came back to shore as quickly as I could, dripping, sloshing my way out of the water. I never moved so fast in the water in my life! After the snake moved on the other boys were too afraid to go in so we went back through the woods imagining we were soldiers, crawled through the small creeks until we were all drenched... This was my childhood. I don't recall if I got in trouble that time, but I can see this day in my mind still quite clearly, and I was about 9 y/o.

Today I still live out these fantisies with my children and their friends and water fun of all kinds is not far around the corner when you're with us!

Hope you enjoyed my offering :), L2GUW

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]