Page banner image

Kicked Out

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LeviLovR on February 28, 2024 at 23:41:26

This afternoon I took my car for a check up and oil change. Right around the corner is a hotel with a pool. This particular hotel does let people swim who are not guests by signing a contract for three, six months or a year. Prices go up accordingly. I knew this and have availed of their services in the past. Very similar to deals offered at the YMCA.

Let me back up a bit. I spent yesterday afternoon traveling to different hotels in the area to see which, if any might offer similar services. The hope was that they would let me inspect the pool area and I would manage to accidently fall in. Only one hotel offered this service, and by coincidence they are right across the street from the hotel with the outdoor heated pool and hot tub with water fall that I normally frequent. While you could sign one of the contracts the clerk explained that if you only wanted to use the pool occasionally you could pay a fee of ten dollars per person each and every time you wanted to swim. Technically the contract is a better deal if you swim on a regular basis but I tucked the information in the back of my brain and left. None of the hotels yesterday offered me a chance to inspect the pool area.

So knowing the remaining hotel was right around the corner from the car dealership I figured I would go there and inquire after they finished with the car. On the odd chance I did get into the pool area I donned brown cowboy boots, indigo Lee jeans, brown belt, medium blue denim shirt, blue polka dot tie, wool tweed suit jacket and brown hat.

When I arrived at the hotel they did indeed offer the various programs. Last time I had checked there was during covid and they had discontinued use of the pool except to registered guests and there was a limit to the number of people who could use the pool at one time. So today the clerk pulls out a contract and explains the various deals. Then she asks, Would you like to go inspect the pool area?" WOULD I!!!! Of course I would, that's exactly what I was hoping for. Of course I had been there before and knew the lay of the land but she didn't know that. "Can I?," I asked trying to control my excitement. "Of course." So she handed me a pass key and told me to just go straight down the hallway to the pool area. I knew exactly where it was.

When I got there there was a girl sitting in the hut tub. There was a man sitting on a lounge chair by the pool fiddling with his phone. He had to be the girl's father because the facial resemblance was uncanny. So I walked around the pool, read the various signs, went into the changing area pretending to look aroun d, came out and stuck my hand in the hot tub to test the temperature, then walked over to the pool and bent over to stick my hand in and SPLASH! It couldn't have worked better. My hat had floated away, so I had to retrieve it. Neither the man or the girl said a word. The man did look up from his phone and the girl did peek around the corner from the hot tub. Then she actually got out of it to come out to the pool to have a look. I pretended to be surprised and shocked and then got out of the pool. I would have loved to stay in, but figured I better not push it. I grabbed some towels and made an attempt to dry off, even though I didn't really want to. Then still wet and dripping I walked back down the hallway and into the lobby to the front desk. I did pass a male handyman who looked at me sort of funny but he never said anything. I handed back the pass card to the clerk, who really didn't seem to notice I was wet or just didn't care. I told her I had fallen into the pool and asked if I could take the contract with me and bring it back later. Sure, no problem. So I slogged out to the car, spread out some towels and blankets on the seat and floor and drove off. Mission accomplished. It could not have gone better.

So I'm driving along and then it hit me. Why not go to the other hotel and try to get wet there. I was already wet and it would only cost ten bucks so why not give it a shot.

When I get there I walk into the lobby, not dripping, but wet, and walk up to the counter. A female clerk comes out from a back room and I tell her I want a day pass to the pool. Fine. I hand her my credit/debit card, which she takes for a second. Then, oh, she tells me her machine is down nd won't take any cards at the moment. Do I have any cash on me? No I don't. But there was an ATM machine in the lobby so I walk over there, withdraw $20 and go back over to the counter and hand it to the young lady, She gives me back $10 and a pass card to get into the pool area. She never mentions my being wet (I don't think she noticed) or the fact that I didn't have a bag with any gear in it or containing "proper" swim attire. I say nothing and don't look back. I paid my money so I'm legit. I keep walking.

The pool area is completely empty. Perfect, I have it all to myself. I set down my phone and keys on a chair, walk over to the edge and cannon ball in.

The water is warm and lovely and I want to stay forever. I'm totally enjoying it when the female desk clerk walks in with a load of towels and sees me swimming with everything on. She's shocked and confused and doesn't seem to know what to do. I smile at her. The water is so warm and lovely. She can't comprehend that I intentionally jumped in the pool with clothes and shoes on. Totally befuddled she drops off the towels and leaves.

I managed to get in three more cannon balls. That water was so nice. Than a man comes in. He's not wearing a uniform but he is clearly a hotel employee. He too is confused and surprised. His major concern is that I am alright and I assure him I am and that I jumped in the pool intentionally. He doesn't seem to know what to say or do and I don't budge. Finally he manages to politely tell me that I need to get out of the pool and I can't swim there clothed for hygienic reasons. I tell him I understand and apologize for any trouble I may have caused (but I did pay and had not just snuck in) Before I can even get out a second man comes running in. Unlike the first guy he is thoroughly pissed! He doesn't say a word but motions violently for me to get out of the pool. His face is like a thunder cloud, yet he lets the first guy handle the situation. Probably for the best. I get out and again say I'm sorry if I caused a problem. First guy remains very calm and again expresses his concern about my being ok and again I assure him I'm fine and knew exactly what I was doing. I ask if it's ok to dry off a bit before leaving and he says yes. Second guy is livid but remains silent. They exit the pool area but remain outside watching me through the large glass window to ensure that I don't jump back in the pool. I grab some towels and try to wipe off as much as possible, but it's hopeless. I can take a hint and know when I'm not wanted and I don't want to waste any more time or cause any trouble. So for the second time I walk dripping through the main lobby and hand back the pass card with the two men following at a respectable distance to make certain that I do actually leave.

Guess I won't be going back there any time soon. Don't know exactly what got into me but I had an itch that just needed to be scratched and I scratched it. I thoroughly enjoyed the short time spent in each pool, just wish it could have been longer. Funny how the hotel across the street is so accepting and this one was not. Live and learn.

Tomorrow is leap year so go leap into a pool or some mud and enjoy!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]