Page banner image

Something unique

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by 74KA on January 12, 2024 at 03:21:56

I was back home last week to visit some old friends. I was staying with a good friend of mine, Jim. Jim and I basically grew up together and went to the same church. I was heavily involved in my church when I was a kid, but lately I've stepped away from religion. Jim has stayed involved as an associate minister. Our church was still doing their winter carnival, and Jim asked me if I'd like to go. He had to be there as part of his job. I didn't really want to go to a children's carnival but I didn't really have anything else to do, so I said I'd go.

Jim always teased me for being a Pittsburgh Steelers fan (I lived in Pittsburgh for a while when I was younger.) Jim wanted to make a bet with me, if the Steelers lost, then I'd go in the carnival dunk tank wearing my Stealers jersey. If they won, they'd he'd go in the dunk tank wearing his Ravens jersey. I agreed to that plan. Actually, a few years ago, my first time in a dunk tank happened at this carnival, and it again involved a bet about a football game.

Ultimately the Stealers won, so technically Jim would have to go in the dunk tank, but I agreed to go in anyway, of course.

Obviously its winter, and the carnival is indoors. The church has a big indoor garage with a concrete floor with drains in it, so it was possible to setup a dunk tank inside. When I got to the carnival it was already busy. The big room was full of people and hot and humid. The dunk tank was setup where it always was, in the corner next to the locker rooms. At first, this little red haired kid was in the dunk tank. He looked like he was only 10 or 11 years old, which I thought was kind of young to be in a dunk tank. He was in a soccer jersey and warm-up pants. And he did not look happy about it. Poor kid was shivering, and sputtering each time he got knocked in the water. But, he quickly got back up on the seat each time, so I guess he was tolerating it. I then saw a kid who I assumed was his brother, since he looked nearly identical, except a few years older. He was wearing a t-shirt, gym shorts, flip flops and had a towel hanging over his neck. When he took his brother's spot, he seemed to enjoy the situation a lot more. He was quite the loud mouth and was pretty funny at heckling the crowd trying to dunk him.

Jim went in next wearing his purple Ravens jersey and khakis. He was popular to dunk, being that he's an assistant pastor and lots of people knew him. Then it was my turn. I decided to wear my black and gold jersey, black jeans, and black socks. Yes I kind of looked like a gangster. But I also wore a plastic Steelers football helmet I had found at a second-hand store. It was weird. It muffled my hearing and made it hard to see, which made me a little more anxious perched up on the dunking seat. Plus it has been a while since the last time I was in a dunk tank so I had kind of forgotten what it was like. But apparently tons of people hate the Steelers so lots of people wanted to dunk me, and especially the kids thought it was real funny to see me fall in the water wearing that helmet. I'm also usually a pretty quiet person and I've never been good at taunting and heckling when I've been in a dunk tank. (I don't dislike being in a dunk tank, but I'm just not really the type of person to yell and shout.) So I think wearing that helmet worked in my favor, because no one probably expected me to be trying to yell and shout with that on my head. Felt weird af too soaking wet. Not one of my favorite feelings, I guess, but it was definitely something new and unique.

Oh and I also figured out why that poor little red headed kid looked so miserable - the water was absolutely FREEZING. Like I can't even imagine how it got that cold, being indoors and everything.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]