Page banner image

Re: warning sign for people like us

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LeviLovR on December 28, 2023 at 22:34:36

In Reply to: Re: warning sign for people like us posted by Allwet on December 28, 2023 at 18:40:07:

That makes sense. I will have to check the name next time I go by Cabela's to see if it's been changed. I rarely go there as I am not a hunter or fisherman, but my youngest brother is and he practically lives there.

I can understand stores not wanting fish harmed in these displays as some of them may be rare and endangered species. Besides the pond and stream display area both L.L. Bean and Cabela's have large fish tanks mounted inside walls that are not accessible from the public shopping area and can only be reached by employees who maintain them. They are hugely popular and deep. The town of Gray has a wildlife park where orphaned and injured animals are taken and put on display, many of which would not survive on their own in the wild if left to fend for themselves. They also have a huge fish hatchery there and I know that has been broken into from time to time and some of the larger fish taken to be eaten and some of different ages just wantonly destroyed. The episode I vividly remember there was when employees who actually worked there stole a bunch of fish. One of them was actually a young man I had gone to school with and I was totally shocked.

This past summer at the lake a female Bass had made a nest right next to rock where I usually sit. She was extremely protective driving away any possible predators. I could almost reach out and touch her she was so close. Finally the young ones hatched and they hung around and Mama Bass continued to guard them until eventually they gradually dispersed and went out on their own. I was amazed how few people even knew she was there as she was between the public beach and public boat launch. But then again very few people seem to notice the Bald Eagles who have a nest in the nearby trees either. Maybe that's a good thing.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]