Page banner image

Re: Introduction

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mega on December 28, 2023 at 01:46:19

In Reply to: Re: Introduction posted by GreenShirtGuy on December 27, 2023 at 21:53:13:

Yeah, that's what makes those situations fun, and fun to see others getting soaked too.

And now that I have a bit more time I can comment more about some other things.

There were some similarities between us, you're an introvert and so am I. You also moved a couple hours away in the middle of 7th grade. I did too, but my move took place in February. Neither middle school I went to had a school carnival or anything like that. I was glad to leave the old school though, as it was by far the worst school I ever went too. It was set up so that we had all 8 of our classes every day of the week (as opposed to block scheduling that I'd have in other schools, where you'd have 3-4 classes out of 7-8 per day). It was also obsessed with giving homework. Most nights I would have 3-4 hours of homework, all due the next day. It was so bad there were times I missed assignments simply because there was too much to keep track of, did not have the time to do it all, or could not physically carry all of the big textbooks home that I needed to do all the homework. There were a couple bullies too that I had multiple classes with, one of which was science class. They had one of those science lab emergency showers in the back of the room. One day I'm pretty sure I heard them plotting to throw me under the shower and pull the lever, but I think they were plotting as a last day of school thing so they couldn't really get in trouble. Since I moved away, I'll never know for sure.

My new middle school didn't have any carnivals or events that had someone getting soaked. It did have far less homework. My parents got suspicious because suddenly I went down to having 30 minutes of homework twice a week. I was an all A/B student, but that wasn't enough for them to believe me (a running trend). They were quite strict and didn't allow me to get wet in my normal clothes. Though I didn't really mind that because I didn't like getting my clothes wet when I was younger. There were a couple times I had some neighbor friends invite me to play in the rain with them, which I turned down for the reasons stated.

My elementary school did have a field day near the end of the year with a bunch of games/stations set up outside. The final station was always a water balloon toss, but I never had the balloon get me wet. In high school we had a water balloon toss as part of a pep rally event, and the water balloons they used were huge, the size of a small melon. People had to use both hands to hold on to those balloons. There were a few people that had the water balloon pop as they were trying to catch it, completely soaking the entire front of their shirt and shorts. Another guy got the whole tub of water that the balloons were sitting in dumped on him while his back was turned, got fully soaked head to toe. I'm pretty sure I actually got called to participate in the water balloon toss, somehow. But I did not go down and participate. Given the people that dumped the water on the one guy, I'm pretty sure there was a chance that would have happened to me if I had participated. Sometimes I wish I could get a redo on the earlier years in life, but oh well.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]