Page banner image

Early Thanksgiving Miracle

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Pete on November 15, 2023 at 02:51:48

My extended family usually celebrates holidays early or later than the official holiday itself. My wife and I both work in healthcare and have crazy schedules, and we often have to work on the holidays. My brother Cole is a firefighter, so his shifts rotate so he may or may not actually have the day off on a holiday. So, we've found it easier to just enjoy a long weekend a couple weeks before or after the holiday itself. We ended up doing Thanksgiving last week and over this past weekend. My parents are about a 3 or 4 hour drive south from where I live, and my brother and his family have a similar drive to go visit. Since my brother and his wife are corralling 3 young kids with them, I decided that I'd book a nearby hotel for me and my wife, rather than stay at my parents house with my brother and his family - figured that would just be a little easier on everyone. There's a decent hotel near my parent's house - and I paid a little extra for a room with a Jacuzzi.

The family visit was enjoyable. Cole's kids can be a handful - he's got three kids, and they're all at a "high maintenance" age, but they're good kids and me, my wife and my parents all enjoy seeing them. One of their favorite activities at their grandparents is looking through photo albums - partially due to the novelty of looking at pictures that are printed out on paper instead of being on your phone. And partly so they can see pictures of their daddy when he was a kid. One of their favorites is a bunch of photos of me and Cole doing the dunk tank at our church picnic one year - obviously they thinks its funny to see a picture of their daddy falling fully clothed into the dunk tank!

One afternoon we went to the pool in my parent's neighborhood, where there's also grills, and we decided to let the kids swim then grill burgers and hotdogs for dinner. The kids were in the pool in the blink of an eye, while the adults sat and supervised. "Swimming is still the ONLY thing that tires these kids out," Cole exclaimed, exhausted. "Have you thought about signing them up for a swim club or swim team or something?" I asked. "I did think about it. But there's just one problem. Early-morning practices. I'm not getting up at 5am to drive them to practice." Cole was never a morning person. "We signed the boys up for karate instead," he wife explained, "practice is after school." "How are they liking that?" I asked. "They love it. They get to hit each other, and they don't have to wear shoes. They're in heaven." Cole replied. Soon enough the kids were clamboring for us to join them in the pool - normally, I'd have been happy to, but for whatever reason, that day, I wasn't feeling it. So, we adults stayed dry, while the kids managed to amuse themselves without us.

The last night we were there, my wife and I went back to our hotel room, and I turned on the Jacuzzi. I also got a nice bottle of wine, and poured two glasses. Neither my wife nor I are big drinkers, but I was in a holiday spirit. I was wearing khackis and a blue sweater over a white button-down. I had my shoes off but was wearing dark blue socks. And I was ready to get in the water. My wife read my mind, and nodded towards the Jacuzzi, and we both slid in. I handed my wife a glass of wine, which she refused. I was surprised - I thought we were feeling pretty romantic. Then, she pointed at her belly, and gave me a kiss!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]