Page banner image

Re: Just shouting into the void …

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Squishy Plushie on June 08, 2023 at 00:25:50

In Reply to: Re: Just shouting into the void … posted by MRN on June 07, 2023 at 19:37:14:

I was gonna change mine into Comp Sci at one time (after the first year review) but was told I'd have to repeat the first year because it was fundamentally too different from Phys/Elec (which I changed to just Electronics anyway). J&J is just a bit of fun about a couple of lez college girls who just get wet at any opportunity, and other similar situations (like Lady Eleanore the physics lecturer falling in the wave demonstration tank during her lecture, and being picked up by the students and carried to the swimming pool, and being thrown in. Just a bit of spontaneous fun and thrills, and therefore chaotic. So is Bridge to Terabithia available on DVD or Youtube or one of the streaming TV channels (but not Netflix or blue ray please). O/S design? Check out my "Processor with only 4 opcodes" (yes it's my damn stack machine again) with its O/S called ::SHEILA:: (System Hierarchical Environment / Intermediate Language Assembler). (The :: on the front indicates it's a global and the one on the end a class. Inspired partly by DEC's IAS (Interactive Application System) and Apple's Lisa, and cunningly named after my waifu plushie Sheila Doryu. I did start to build the hardware (using 74LS181 ALU's and Signetics FPLS's, but I'm better at paper design (and emulators) than having the wire-it-up-and-hope-it-works initiative :) Basically the O/S has no files, just classes and page frames, in a virtual storage environment. No linker needed, as it's all segment based (this was how things were in the 1970's, hence the damn CS: SS: ES: FS: GS: DS: stuff on modern PC's. But if each class is a segment, and its state is swapped to disk automagically, there's no need for "apps" so we get a totally document-oriented system, with automagical persistence/load and save. Anyway I'd better shut up before Felix decides this is too off topic, lol :) Always fill your day with wonderful things :)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]