Page banner image

Re: Just shouting into the void …

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MRN on June 07, 2023 at 19:37:14

In Reply to: Re: Just shouting into the void … posted by Squishy Plushie on June 07, 2023 at 04:41:04:

I still follow Nigel’s forum. I even made some posts there in the last couple of days, all completely ignored of course.

All of us here are sure to have some kind of madness in us somewhere. I rarely reveal the depths of madness in my soul, as it can get really out of hand. The Janet and Julia forum represents madness in the wrong direction for me: chaos without order. I have a degree in computer science: if I’m going to get involved in hardware or OS design—and OS design interests me (there are writings to that effect on my site)—then I want to approach it correctly.

I am not looking for someone who is just crazy. I am looking for someone sensitive, thoughtful, intellectual with whom I can have genuine, productive accomplishments as well as plenty of goofiness. It’s a very different balance of traits from that which the J&J forum represents and embodies. It’s just something not found anywhere.

I noted previously that I watched Bridge to Terabithia a little while ago, and it was surprisingly insightful. It helped clarify something that seems to have eluded me: the idea of a person who is neither the same nor opposite, but a complement.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]