Page banner image

Re: What is everyone into?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MRN on May 30, 2023 at 23:06:47

In Reply to: Re: What is everyone into? posted by drippingwet on May 30, 2023 at 08:47:08:

/!\ WARNING /!\ Long ramble ahead! /!\

Hey, I’m in a funky mood tonight — been adding some more illustrations to my towers technical page: telcontar.net / Power/pylons/towers — finally took care of semi-tension sets. (Tonight’s diagrams are under the Insulators section.)

I really, really don’t bond easily. My wetlook obsession may have contributed to driving some friends away in years past: it can peak into a really troublesome obsession when I get desperate to get someone else involved. (And I mean people I only meet online.)

That page above demonstrates the strangeness of my interests. The Pylon Appreciation Society was formed in 2005 and existed until the founder’s death in 2020, and in those 15 years (and the years since), nobody ever attempted to do what I’ve done there, and I only took up this subject late last summer (although many of the photos date back to previous walks). I took it upon myself to create the resource I wish I had been able to make use of myself. Sadly, it’s a stressful subject because you soon reach a tooth-pulling level of difficulty obtaining more information!

Lonely: very. Uncomfortable socially? Certainly incompatible socially. From there it starts getting into complicated issues of fear, trust and social differences, e.g. differing viewpoints on drugs and excess alcohol consumption. It’s hard to trust people who you can’t feel safe around.

Did you ever watch Bridge to Terabithia? That’s got me thinking into the idea of opposites versus complements. Jess and Leslie were not opposites but complements. Do opposites attract, or complements? An opposite is someone who is, well, your opposite. A complement would be someone who is a partial opposite: an opposite needed to break down barriers, but the same in matters that count. From the film, Leslie had the outgoing nature needed to bring Jess out of his shell, but the same nerdy, imaginative soul needed for true compatibilty.

A complement would be the person who breaks your fears and with whom you playfully splash about in public fully clothed, yet shares your passions, dreams and philosophies.

It’s much easier to document technical subjects than negotiating people! At least with technical stuff, I achieve repeated successes!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]