Page banner image

Re: What is everyone into?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MRN on May 29, 2023 at 11:13:39

In Reply to: Re: What is everyone into? posted by Zonie on May 29, 2023 at 00:23:51:

I guess it is both a blessing and a curse … Seeing other people out with their friends, lovers, family … more depressing than solitude. Yet, fewer people means a lower chance of encountering someone interesting. We all just seem to mind our own business out here. I do recall a day when I went out walking in the rain, and met a woman coming the other way, who said something to me as she passed, about being all wet. I kicked myself for while afterwards for not stopping to chat to her — I just don’t react quick enough, and I have no natural instinct for that kind of thing. My success in technical pursuits comes at a cost of being devoid of social skills. She was really cute, looked to be close enough to my age, and clearly had no objection to walking in the rain! (And didn’t have a dog, as I recall; most women either whiz by on a bike or have a dog, and I don’t care for dogs.)

With that said, I don’t treat these things as huge regrets.

I’m a complete loser, so I would never try to pull a complete stranger into what passes for my life. There’s no way that anything would ever work out.

By the way, “we don't get nearly as many [rainy days] here as you do” — it’s nowhere near as wet down here as one would think. In three years’ walking (all year round), I’ve only been caught in an unexpected downpour once. Once. In England! And just the once in the last 15 years while out at lunch during the working day. So often, the sky teases you: it looks like it will rain, but it won’t. You keep hoping and hoping for the rain to start, but get let down again.)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]