Page banner image

Re: Funniest or most surreal experience?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LeviLovR on March 30, 2023 at 09:07:55

In Reply to: Re: Funniest or most surreal experience? posted by Zonie on March 30, 2023 at 05:39:34:

No one touched anybody, but if they had I could see why I would be viewed with suspicion. First I was dressed in a coat and tie, my usual garb that I wore in the dunk tanks at the time, and everyone else was dressed in typical casual summer wear - so I stuck out like a sore thumb. Also not many adults went into the foam. Those who did were the parents of very small children whom they didn't want to get lost, smothered or trampled in the deep foam as it was unusually deep. It did eventually settle some and eventually deteriorated as people played in it, but in the end I was the only adult not accompanying a child. I am sure if those parents had thought I was doing anything wrong they would have done something immediately and gotten help and stopped the event altogether. I am sure I would have been tackled and possibly beaten by angry fathers and held until law enforcement arrived. Pedophilia is not something people take lightly.

I have never understood why this Parks employee told the coach what he did and then casually walked away. He never approached me himself and never brought a police officer with him and no one ever questioned me or accused me directly. In the end I was the one who sought out a police officer, who had heard nothing about the situation. Seems to me if a suspected pedophile was in the crowd there would have been notification sent to officers via their radios and they would have been given a description of the suspect and would have been diligently watching for him. But I walked up to the officer and it was clearly obvious I had been in the foam - I was dripping wet, remnants of the foam were still sticking to me but there had been no reports of any kind according to him. Clearly I wasn,t trying to escape or run away or sneak off.

It was all very confusing and unsettling. I think the thing I found disappointing was that the swim coach never came to my defense or even considered the possibility that I might be innocent - especially since I had helped him out in the past several times and everything had been cordial and friendly and he had witnessed me interacting with the kids on the team and had no qualms about my behavior. I'm sure he's forgotten the whole incident, but I never will. Still it would be nice to think that he may have had a twinge of guilt or regret for reacting the way he did. He probably didn't, but at least I feel confident nobody else ever v volunteered or gave him assistance the way I had so his loss in the end.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]