Page banner image

Re: The new headmaster Pt. 2

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Zonie on March 02, 2023 at 14:47:19

In Reply to: Re: The new headmaster Pt. 2 posted by Ry on March 02, 2023 at 13:35:53:

Ry, I've got a strategy for you that may pay off in a few years--try to discipline yourself to keep your telephone turned off during school hours. When it becomes a habit, a lot of employers will find that they really like having a young man work for them who can concentrate on his work instead of his phone.

A few years ago I was working with a young man named Dustin who was almost constantly on his phone. It got to the point where our boss demanded he turn in his phone at the office at the start of the work day.

One day he told me he wanted to go hiking in the desert that weekend. He had accidentally done something similar once. He was playing Pokémon Go at the Tempe Buttes after work on an August afternoon and had a near miss with heat exhaustion because he hadn't taken any water with him. I decided to use some reverse psychology, based on his work habits. I said, "Remember, Dustin, always discard your cigarettes in yellow grass, not green grass. It's also important when you're on a steep slope to keep your eyes on your phone." He ended up not going.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]