Page banner image

Sam, Nathan and the Hot Tub

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Robert on March 02, 2023 at 04:31:27

So here's the other wet event involving Sam I promised earlier.

As I mentioned, recently he's been getting wet a lot, and for a few weeks he would get dressed twice - once when he got up, then he'd come out for breakfast, then he'd go have his shower in those clothes (sometimes including shoes, sometimes not), then he'd change again and go to school. One day in particular he was running late, and instead of not bothering to have a shower or having it quick without clothes, he had the fully clothed shower anyway and got out and started to head to school. Pfft. I told him that's not a good idea with the weather and he said "oh it's ok I'll change at school". Anyway, that's not the story I wanted to write here.

So a few weekends ago, we went to my sister's place (she's the one I've referred to as Anna on here before). Robbie didn't tag along as he and Arowyn (his girlfriend) had some prior engagements, and this was kind of a last minute trip. Sam asked if he could bring a friend along, and we said yes as long as his parents agreed as it would be an overnight trip. So he asked Nathan (I don't remember if I've used that name before, but if so, this is a different kid who is new-ish to his school), who said yes and had his parents' permission. Nathan still doesn't really know much about this wet clothes stuff as they've only just started hanging out, but he's about to find out. He brought along one additional outfit for the overnight stay (I'll describe more about what the boys were wearing later when it's more important).

For those that may not remember - Anna is my sister, and she's quite a bit older than me (~12 years). Her husband died several years back and we've become quite close so that she is less lonely. Nowadays, we tend to go up to her place on short notice every few weekends, and sometimes we stay there for several days at a time. And she often comes down to our place too. She has two kids, but they are grown and moved very far away. She has a big-ish house (has been there for many, many, many years) and it has a nice hot tub on the deck in the back that she keeps open year-round. This hot tub has been the location of many recent wet clothes activities, such as this one :).

So, it's still cold here, but the hot tub makes it nice. As soon as we got there, Nathan saw the hot tub and thought it was "cool" that she had one in her backyard in an enclosed deck (well, semi-enclosed). Sam said to him, "wanna go in it?"

"Sure," said Nathan.

"Great, let's go," said Sam, who quickly put his shoes back on a ran to the deck door.

"Uh, what?" asked Nathan.

"What do you mean what?" asked Sam.

"I kinda need to get changed first. You don't mind if I just wear my boxers in, do you?" asked Nathan.

"Yeah, I do mind. Fully clothed or we don't go in. That's our rules here," said Sam, confidently.

"What? No, no way, I'm not going in in my clothes," said Nathan.

"No problem, I'll go in myself. It'll be nice and warm," said Sam.

"What the f***?" asked Nathan, who was thoroughly confused.

"He likes to get wet," I said to him. "And he'd probably like it if you did too."

"Uh, I only have one other set of clothes, and my Dad would kill me if I got it wet," said Nathan. "And wouldn't it ruin the clothes?"

"No, wouldn't ruin them at all unless they are dry-clean only or something like that, or if you don't take care of them after soaking them. That's just a myth for the most part. What do you think happens to your clothes in the washing machine?" I said to him.

Sam was getting impatient waiting for Nathan to decide what he was going to do. He was wearing black jogging pants, a black long-sleeved t-shirt, and Uptempo shoes (very "squelchy" he says), standing there inside the deck door waiting.

"Come on, Nathan, just put your shoes back on and come out with me. You'll see, it's fun to do this!" said Sam.

"My shoes?!" quipped Nathan. "Nah, no way, not doing it, I'm not soaking my shoes too. These are literally brand new!" Nathan then ran off and sat down in the living room and got into his phone.

"Maybe wait until tomorrow," I said to Sam.

"But we're going home tomorrow!" he said. "The clothes need time to dry!"

Good point, Sam, ha ha.

So this happened to go very much nowhere for about an hour and the boys ended up playing video games on their phones for a while, and Sam kept on his entire outfit, including his shoes (he usually never keeps his shoes on in the house, especially in a relative's house, except when doing this wet stuff, so I knew he was still planning on trying to do it).

Finally, as they were coming to the end of their game, while Lisa, Anna and I were sitting in the living room chatting (Anna and Lisa had wine, but I don't drink, so water for me), I overheard Sam say something that caught my attention.

"Hey Nathan, I know! You win, I go in the hot tub in all my clothes and shoes. I win, you do it!" he said.

"Why do you want me to do this?" asked Nathan.

"Just for fun," said Sam. "Haven't you ever wanted to do something like this and not get in trouble for it?"

"Not really. I will get in trouble. My Dad will kill me if I get these clothes wet. And the shoes - uh, I just got them yesterday - they are literally brand new, why on earth would I wan to soak them?" said Nathan. "Both Mom and Dad will kill me if I get these even a touch dirty, not to mention completely soaked."

"Don't worry about that, I've done this so many times that we'll have your shoes dry before we even leave tomorrow," said Sam.

I looked over intently at them to see what the answer would be, as Anna looked at me. "Teaching a friend too?" she said.

"Yup, he really likes doing the wet clothes stuff. I guess my liking of it rubbed off on him too. It took a while for Sam to get interested in it - Robbie would be the one to always want to do this, and Sam would sometimes tag along, sometimes not. Now it's almost always the other way around," I said.

Nathan finally gave in. "Fine, I'll do it," he said.

"Great, go put your shoes on now, then, and then we can finish the game. Then we don't have to waste time after someone loses to do the challenge," said Sam.

Nathan ran down to the foyer and grabbed his shoes - they were all black DC skate shoes (huge shoes, ha ha). He was also wearing white Adidas track pants (!) with the usual three stripes down the side, and a white t-shirt with I think something Star Wars-related on the front (can't remember for sure). He came up with his shoes and put them on in the living room. To note: Nathan is average height for his age (he's 15), and has short, dark, curly brown hair.

"Alright, now let's go," as Nathan started the game quickly, before Sam had a chance, trying to see if he could beat him.

Another 15 or so minutes went by before I heard Sam say, "gotcha! Now go!"

Nathan got up and started heading towards the deck door, with Sam basically pushing him from behind. They went outside and I followed. "It's cold!" said Nathan.

"No duh, it's winter!" said Sam. "But warm in there. Now go!"

Sam opened up the hot tub cover, and the steam started to overwhelm the deck area (it is semi-enclosed, so that can happen). As the steam lifted a bit, Nathan walked over to the hot tub and put his foot over top of the water, but didn't put it into the water.

"Come on, just go in!" said Sam.

"Give me some time, Sam, I'm nervous. I've never done anything like this before. I've never even been wet like this on accident before, so I'm really nervous," said Nathan.

"Want me to go in with you?" asked Sam. "Kinda show you how it's done?"

"Uh, ok," said Nathan.

So Sam just walked right into the hot tub without hesitation and submerged himself up to his neck by sitting on one of the seats in it. He hadn't put the jets on yet, and it was still light outside, so you could see his entire all-black outfit completely. Then he stood back up and showed how shiny the outfit is to Nathan.

"See, it gets all shiny like this, and it'll stick to you. This is part of what I like about it, I don't know why people find this gross," said Sam, as he pulled the shirt away from his body.

"Alright, fine," said Nathan, who stepped his right foot (shoe) into the hot tub. It made massive bubbling sounds and Nathan made a funny face and some sounds as it filled up with water.

"It didn't fill right away!" said Nathan. "It actually took a second or two for the water to get inside!"

"That's also part of the fun - those feelings of water trying to go places it usually doesn't go," said Sam, who had gotten back out of the hot tub to squelch his shoes. "See, this is the other thing - the shoes 'squelch' like this when they're wet."

Nathan put the other foot (shoe) into the water too, and giggled before just giving up and sitting down. Sam got back in too. "Should I put the jets on?" Sam asked.

"Sure!" said Nathan.

I actually went and flipped the switch myself as I didn't want a wet person flipping it for safety reasons (even though it would probably have been ok).

They stayed in the hot tub for a bit without getting out at all, so Nathan hadn't seen yet what happens to white clothes when they are wet. But that was about to change.

"Come on, one of the other things I like about this is walking around while soaked. It just feels awesome to be doing something so normal, but soaked," said Sam. "The shoes just squelch away, and your clothes move around with you, even though they're still stuck to you, and it just feels great."

"But it's cold," said Nathan.

"Yeah, but we're hot right now. We'll just walk around the backyard, then come back in here and warm back up," said Sam.

Sam got up and got out of the hot tub - water was pouring off of him, and his shoes made awesome squelchy sounds. Then Nathan stood up, revealing his now-transparent pants (which showed his black boxers clearly as these were relatively thin track pants). He noticed it right away and tried to pull his shirt down over it (which wouldn't have mattered because it was also white and transparent), but Sam piped up instead.

"Oh yeah, white goes see-through when wet," said Sam, who smirked.

"Uh, this is kind of embarrassing," said Nathan.

"Nah, that's also part of the fun. I've worn white shorts and a white shirt before, as has my brother. And we've gone into public and everything. In fact, my brother's even worn pantyhose and his girlfriend's clothes and soaked them! Talk about see-through!" said Sam.

Nathan just seemed to give up and got out of the hot tub to a huge squelch out of his shoes (the stream of water from the squelch almost hit me).

"Come on!" said Sam, who ran (or rather, squelched) down the steps of the deck to the backyard.

Nathan followed along, seemingly just giving up and forgetting about his now-transparent clothes. (The pants look pretty much like these, by the way: www dot adidas dot ca/en/tiro-23-league-pants/HS3531.html.)

I will say, I've never really seen such transparent pants before. I used to love wearing white shorts when I was younger, particularly in university, and particularly to get wet. But they weren't "this" see-through. Sam's worn his white baseball pants in the water before, and while it was clear to see the transition between underwear and skin, it wasn't this much. So I will say, I don't blame Nathan for being embarrassed.

Anyway, this in-and-out of the hot tub continued for about an hour and I asked the boys to come back in.

"Uh, won't we track water through the house?" asked Nathan.

"Just strip down to your boxers out here, then we'll go inside and get changed," said Sam.

"Mr. D., can you just bring me my clothes? I'd rather just change here," said Nathan. Lisa instead heard and went and got his bag with his clothes inside.

Sam stripped to his boxers, and decided for some reason to put his shoes back on and go into the hot tub one more time like that. I won't say anything about how he looked emerging from the hot tub after that, as it was quite indecent...

Nathan started to change when he suddenly shouted out a swear word. I went back out to investigate (Sam was still in his boxers and shoes), and Nathan was shirtless but still wearing the wet pants. "What happened?" I asked.

"I forgot to bring other underwear," he said, his face was bright red.

I frowned at him, feeling very bad for him, as did Sam. "Well, you could change without underwear and we can wash yours and have it ready for you to go home," said Sam.

"Yeah, but what am I going to wear to bed? I was just going to wear by boxers," said Nathan.

"I have an extra pair of shorts - want to wear those?" asked Sam.

"Sure," said Nathan.

So Nathan changed into a pair of white jogging pants he'd brought along, and a blue 3/4-sleeved shirt with the Blue Jays logo on the front, and carried his shoes. Sam had mostly changed, but came inside shirtless (and had again put the wet shoes back on as he "didn't want to carry them"). Lisa grabbed all their stuff (and Sam's shoes) and took them down to the laundry room. Anna grabbed some newspaper from the flyers she doesn't like to get in the mail (ha ha, they come in handy) and she and I stuffed both their shoes with it after wringing them out as best as we could.

The boys had a good time for the rest of the night, Nathan never really said a word about it, and they went to bed (with Nathan wearing a pair of Sam's shorts that were actually a bit too small for him, but they fit Nathan perfectly). In the morning, their stuff was dry except for the shoes which needed a bit more coaxing. I had changed out the newspaper around midnight (so this was about 5 hours after they had gotten wet) and ended up doing one more round of newspaper for an hour or so before using a hair dryer to finish them off. They were more than wearable by the time the boys woke up. Nathan got his now-dry underwear and put it on, but kept those shorts on and put back on the Blue Jays shirt. Sam came out of the bedroom shirtless, but was wearing another pair of black jogging pants and immediately asked for his shoes.

"No, you're not gonna soak them. I just got them dried," I said to him.

"Ha ha, ok," he said, smirking, because that's exactly what he was going to do.

We all had breakfast, the boys messed around some more with video games on their phones, and make some video shorts, while us adults sat around and chatted again, until we started to head back home.

Nathan never said a word about having gotten fully soaked on the way. He had the previously-wet outfit in his bag, but was wearing the DCs that he'd worn in the hot tub. We dropped him off at his place and his Dad asked me how he was.

"Great, he and Sam had a great time finding things to do," I said.

"Good. Nathan almost didn't want to go because he thought he'd be bored. He's never gone on a sleepover before," said Nathan's Dad.

I just smiled (still in the car).

"I'll make sure Nathan invites Sam over some day too," said his Dad. "We have enough room now that our daughter has moved out for university."

"Sam would love that," I said. Sam (having just gotten back into the front seat of the car) smiled back in agreement.

"Bye Nathan, see you at school!" he said.

"Bye!" Nathan said back.

So, this is normally about where I'd end a story. But something happened the next day that shocked me. Nathan's Dad texted me and asked if I could call him to talk. I said sure. The conversation went something like this.

"Hi Mr. D.," said Nathan's Dad (whom I refer to as Will from this point on).

"Call me Robert," I said. "But hi!"

"Thank, uh Robert. I am calling you to thank you for having my son over for a sleepover. I didn't know, first of all, that it wasn't at your house but at your sister's. I didn't want to invade, so I hope we didn't by allowing it," Will said.

"No you didn't invade, quite the opposite. I asked Sam if he wanted to bring a friend, since his brother was staying with his girlfriend for the night and wasn't going to join us," I said.

"Great. Nathan told me, with much reluctance for some reason, that Sam wanted him to get soaked in the hot tub in all his clothes," said Will.

"Yeah. Sam likes to get wet a lot, and loves it when others do it too," I said, a bit nervously, worried this was going in a bad direction.

"Well thank you. Nathan's always been terrified of getting wet, dirty, you name it. A little spec of anything on his shirt or pants, and he changes. He asks for new shoes constantly because he thinks the other ones are 'dirty' and such," said Will. "We really didn't know what to do to kind of get him out of this little fad."

"Uh, I didn't expect a thank you for that. I actually thought you were calling to express concern about him doing this," I said, a bit relieved.

"No, not at all. Many years back, when Nathan was maybe 7 or 8, he was in Cubs (part of Scouts Canada) and they went to this big event at a camp in the area. He refused to sit on the grass or do anything that could get a spec of dirt on him, and had an absolutely embarrassing tantrum. I was one of the cub leaders, so I tried to console him and ensure him that it was just grass and that it wouldn't hurt him, but he started to go on about getting his pants dirty and not having anything to change into," said Will. I was shocked.

"He flat-out refused, so I ended up taking him home. As soon as we got home he wanted to go back. I told him that if we went back, he would have to possibly sit on the grass again, or maybe get a small cup of water poured on his head or something like that and he said, 'that's ok, just bring me a change of clothes'. I said no to him, that a tiny bit of dirt or water wasn't going to hurt him. He had another tantrum," Will continued.

I was just dumbfounded on the phone. So much so, that Lisa was looking at me like someone had died or something.

"We didn't end up taking him back, and since then, he's been on this, well, fad we call it, but the doctors call it borderline OCD (not yet officially diagnosed), and has refused to get dirty, wet, or anything. Last summer, we were on vacation in Florida, and he got a bit muddy when we went to a car race and he just about broke down. He didn't have a chance to get out of the way, and a spray of mud hit him from his face down to his pants. He almost always wears white because 'he can see any dirt and promptly change', so it kind of ruined the clothes too," Will continued. "We took him back to the place we were staying, he was basically blank the whole way back, and he took an almost 45 minute shower before finally coming out and changing. Then, he seemed like normal again."

"So how did he end up agreeing to get wet then?" I asked.

"Well, that's the thing. My wife and I have been after him, on the advice of a counsellor and a psychologist, to start doing something that may make him a bit dirty or wet, and we initially suggested swimming lessons. He didn't even like to get a bathing suit wet. Well he would, but as soon as he got out once, he'd want to go in and change. He didn't end up doing the swimming lessons. We gave up for a bit, but then this sleepover came up and we told him to 'play whatever games Sam wants to play as you're his guest', so he said he did because he didn't want to get in trouble. Then when Sam kept acting like nothing was wrong with being wet, he just ended up going for it. And he loved it. Now he says he loves water," said Will.

"He still won't get dirty, and probably washes his hands way too much, but during the pandemic that was a good thing, I guess," he continued as I chuckled a bit. "But at least he now doesn't mind water. My wife snuck up on him last night and poured a small amount of water down his back, and he giggled and tried to get one himself and pour it on her. Before, he would have had a humongous tantrum."

The rest of the call was basically pleasantries and I told Will a story about Ben and autism, and how it has similarities to OCD and such.

I don't know if this means that Sam has a wet friend now, but at least it means Sam has a good friend and will be remembered by someone who taught him about overcoming a fear.

Sorry this is so long, but I hope you enjoyed. I may not write again now until the pool party, unless something significant happens between now and then.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]