Page banner image

The new headmaster (story)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by wetchas on February 27, 2023 at 13:32:23

As promised, a new story featuring Ry, Ross, Aidy, Mr Swim and the new headmaster

The new headmaster.

There was a noticeable air of apprehension around St. Jacob's School on that particular Monday Morning. The new Headmaster, Quentin Peterson had taken up his post, and this was his first day. He had held a meeting with all the teaching staff a few days before, outlining his requirements and vision for the school. He had also sent a letter home to all parents, reminding them of such things as the School uniform policy, the importance of homework, and standards of behaviour.
At his meeting with the teachers he had informed them that he would be dropping into their classes at any time, unannounced, to observe. They were to continue as if he wasn't there.
By and large the day had gone well. The bell sounded for 3.45pm, the end of the day. Quentin made his way back to his study. There would, no doubt, be a string of E Mails to answer.
Over in the pool building, Mr Swim, the PE teacher was taking five minutes out. Drinking a coffee that he had purchased from the vending machine he awaited the arrival of Three of his favourite pupils, Ry, Ross, and Aidy.
He heard them coming a few seconds before they opened the pool door. Although he didn't understand a lot of their teenage chatter, he knew enough to know that they were in high spirits.They entered through the front door. Ross and Aidy took off their shoes and blazers and made their way to the 'broom cupboard where the cleaning equipment was stored. Ry made his way into the changing room. There he took of his shoes and socks, blazer and school trousers. He replaced the trousers with a brand new pair of North Face Trackies, in a very light blue poly material. It was the first time he had worn these, having brought them from his local sports shop on Saturday. Now, he was going to do one of his favourite things, christen them in the pool. He pulled them on, and stroked the shiny smooth polyester material. Leaving his school shirt on, he made his way poolside.
Ry had been very poorly lately, even loosing the use of his legs at one point. Thankfully, through a combination of drugs and therapy he was up walking again. When he had told Mr Swim that the doctors reckoned swimming and pool exercises to be beneficial, Mr Swim had immediately offered to stay with him and help. These exercises had had started in swimwear, but Ry being Ry they soon included clothing. He made his way to the pool edge, and to one of his favourite parts of the session, climbing down the ladder. He loved the way the bottom of his trackies got wet first. The next step took him down to his knees. Another step and the water level was just up to his crotch. The final step, the last one took the water level over his waistband, and up to his chest. From there he launched himself off, and started swimming his normal two lengths.
Over in his office, the new headmaster was wading through Forty of so E Mails. Many were good luck messages from former colleagues. Others were to do with budgets, expenditure and such like. Feeling himself getting square eyes he stood up and looked out of his window. The view stretched across two football pitches to the pool building at the far end. To his surprise he noticed that the lights were on. He wondered if someone had gone home and left them on, or perhaps there was an after school club taking place. Bored with deskwork, he decided to go across and have a look.
Taking care to stick to the tarmac path, and not stray onto the muddy verges, he made his way to the pool. There was very little sound coming from inside. If it was a swimming class they were being very quiet about it. He tried the door, which was unlocked and went in.
Ahead of him was the door to the pool. A big sign, which took up at least half of the glass area of the door greeted him. NO SHOES, it read in big capital letters. Please remove before entering. To his left were several shoeracks, so he removed his shoes and socks and placed them on the shelf. He rolled the legs of his blue pinstripe suit trousers up a couple of turns, to about ankle height. On entering the poolside, he saw Mr Swim instructing a pupil, who looked to still have his school shirt on, and two other lads in school clothes mopping the floor around the pool.
He walked over to them all. What's going on here? He asked. Ah Headmaster, said Mr Swim, this is Ryan, or Ry as he likes to be known. You may remember when you came to look at the school, and have your interview, Ry was in a wheelchair. Well, through a combination of drugs and exercise he is now walking, and hydrotherapy such as Thirty Minutes or so in the pool has helped no end. We hold this session whilst his Brother Aidy and best friend Ross, who are pool monitors, clean the poolside area. Why has he still got his clothes on? asked the head, having noticed Ry's long trackies. Resistance, said Mr Swim. It makes him heavier, meaning he has to work harder.
No one is quite sure what happened next. For a brief moment everything was in slow motion, before returning to normal speed. The head squatted down in order to speak to Ry. After a second or so Ry was conscious that the Head was moving closer to him. He managed to move out of the way, just as the head tumbled, fully suited, into the pool. No-one could quite believe what had just happened. But worse was to come. The head went under, came up thrashing about, then went under again. Aidy let out a stream of swear words, the only ones that were legible being he can't swim.
The three of them plunged fully clothed into the pool. Mr Swim managed to get behind and grab the head under his arms. Aidy and Ross took a leg each, and the three of them managed to drag him to the shallow end. Here, he found his feet and made his way to the ladder, where he able to climb out. The others followed him, including Ry.
They all stood on the poolside, water streaming out of their sodden clothing. This was the first chance Ry had had to admire his new trackies when soaked, and he wasn't disappointed. They had turned a darker blue, but still shone, the white North Face logos now even clearer against the darker material. Ross and Aidy looked much as he had seen them many times, their soggy uniform dripping water everywhere. Mr Swim's black trackies were now glossy black, and his white vest had gone see through. Ryan was surprised to see that he had a large tattoo on his left shoulder. Eventually Quentin spoke. Thank you so much everybody, he said. I don't know what happened there. I bent down, fell forwards and ended up in the drink. Look at the state of us now. Its not as bad as it looks, said Mr Swim. I've got a change of clothes in the office, and Ry has some dry stuff. Tell you what, we'll get changed, and I'll get my car. I can run us all home then.
They recoved the heads shoes and socks from the foyer, and Ry went off to the changing rooms. He didn't want to take his new trackies off, so he put his school trousers on over the top. He replaced his shirt with a dry poly T shirt, found his blazer, shoes and socks, and made his way outside. Ross and Aidy also gathered up their shoes and socks and blazers. They would have liked to hop in the shower just as they were, but Mr Swim was calling for them.
In his office Mr Swim had found a foil blanket, which they wrapped the headmaster in. A second blanket was laid out on the back seat of the car. They climbed into Mr Swim's Hyundia i10, the head in the front and the three lads in the back. The foil blanket wasn't absorbent of course, and being tightly crushed in the back Ry was soon almost as wet as the other two. It wasn't long before the back seat was a puddle of water, Ry's trousers now getting soaked from both inside and out. A dripping headmaster was duly delivered to his house, and the other three dropped at Ry's. What a day that had turned out to be. Ry couldn't wait to get on his favourite website, wackywet.com and tell everyone about it.
Another surprise came a few days later when a letter was sent to all parents and guardians.

Dear...... it read.

You will no doubt have heard that I celebrated my first day at St. Jacobs by falling in the pool. I'm sure this has been the subject of much merriment amongst many of you. There is a serious side though, as I had never learnt to swim, and was out of my depth. It's only thanks to the Swimming teacher, and three pupils that the situation wasn't more serious. I apologise to the parents of the pupils who took an unexpected soaking.
In light of this, and their prompt actions, along with my inability to stay afloat, I have decided to instigate a minimum standard of swimming. Every pupil who now leaves the school must be able to swim at least one length in full uniform, including blazer and shoes.
I realise some of you might be worried about ruined clothing, therefore the shoes do not need to be school shoes, but may be trainers. I also suggest that when you purchase a new blazer, you keep the old one for swimming purposes. The lessons and testing will take place during the last week of term, as near as possible to when uniform needs replacing.
I hope you see why I have decided that there is a need for this. Skills learned at school tend to stay with you for the rest of your days, and if one person is saved because of this then surely its worthwhile.

Thank you for your co-operation.
Quentin.

Roll on the last week of term, thought many pupils.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]